Question: Power System...

Roger Keagle

Elite Cafe Member
I have been toying with the idea of getting into power engraving for years, as you might know, I have used H&C up till now.

I am coming to visit the USofA in November and December. Landing in New York, then off to Ct. 5 Weeks, mostly to visit my Wife's family. My sweet lady tells me that I must use some of this time to find out and in fact get a unit to do power work, what turned the tail was watching Sam's tutorial on shading..."Roger, you can pay for that unit with one knife !" she said.

Question, what is the smallest unit I can buy...need to be able to bring it back with me as luggage...Weight?
How much...Cost
Where to get one on the East Coast...Will have a rental car
Any one out there I could visit to see one in person...optional, but would be a great plus!...will bring a bottle of good old Aussie Plonk...(Wine)
Thank you guys for all you have given me so far...living out here is great, but at times it is a bit lonely.

Sam...you have given so much to all of us, thank you !
Ron, your work in transitional engraving has given me many sleepless nights, and long hours at the stand.
Duaine, your tutorial on file work...fantastic !
I could go on for hours, but you get the picture...I have learned so much here...if you tink I have been a pain, wait until I get a power unit !

Roger

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Congrats on your desire to move to power engraving, Roger. I think you'll really enjoy the speed and enhanced control of handpiece engraving. I made the switch from hammer & chisel in 1989 and never looked back!

Cheers / ~Sam

ngraver98

If you are anywhere near us on the East Coast you are welcome to visit us for a demo

Of the least expensive and most versatile power engraving system. Costing a fraction of all others, and has been in use by hundreds of craftsmen for the past 35 years. Contact us at Ngraver98@aol.com
coming to visit the USofA in November and December. Landing in New York, then off to Ct. 5 Weeks, mostly to visit my Wife's family. My sweet lady tells me that I must use some of this time to find out and in fact get a unit to do power work, what turned the tail was watching Sam's tutorial on shading..."Roger, you can pay for that unit with one knife !" she said.

Question, what is the smallest unit I can buy...need to be able to bring it back with me as luggage...Weight?
How much...Cost
Where to get one on the East Coast...Will have a rental car
Any one out there I could visit to see one in person...optional, but would be a great plus!...will bring a bottle of good old Aussie Plonk...(Wine)
Thank you guys for all you have given me so far...living out here is great, but at times it is a bit lonely.

Sam...you have given so much to all of us, thank you !
Ron, your work in transitional engraving has given me many sleepless nights, and long hours at the stand.
Duaine, your tutorial on file work...fantastic !
I could go on for hours, but you get the picture...I have learned so much here...if you tink I have been a pain, wait until I get a power unit !

Roger[/QUOTE]

If possible you are welcome to visit us in Connecticut for a demo of the least expensive and most versatile powered engraving system available. About 25% of the cost of all comparable units, in use for the past 35 years. Contact the Ngraver Company web site at www.ngraver.com, or e-mail to ngraver98@aol.com, phone 860-823-1533. Visit us, play with our tools, and compare with our compeditors at the same time.
Yours truly, Ray Phillips

ngraver98

Visit

Roger . . . you will be welcome. I am usually here but will be in Reno from Jan. 20 to the 26th.
Just give us a call prior to a visit to confirm that I will be available . Branford is only about 35 miles
down the road
Ray P.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Roger

Just make sure that you take a dictionary so Ray can translate what your saying............he has great difficulty understanding proper English like us Kiwis and Aussies pronounce it :big grin::big grin::big grin:

Looking forward to seeing you again Ray at Reno. It's hard to believe that it's rolling around so fast :)

Cheers
Andrew

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Roger,
Don't lead Ray astray with that good Aussie Plonk!!!
I've spent a lot of time breaking him in to my cheap stuff.

Kinda shame you won't be here in January for a side trip to Reno.
Maybe next year?

Have a great time in the US and with Ray but watch out for ice on the roads back east, especially after a good lacing of wine.
Best regards.

Roger Keagle

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the warning, many years skiing in New Zealand and a few years in New England, and I an used to driving on the right and dealing with snow and ice...rather fun really...chance to do a few four wheel drifts....!

Reno, some day perhaps, have two Sons on the Westcoast that need a visit from their Pa...! (Need to win the Lotto perhaps)

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Ngraver is certainly a portable system, especailly if you don;t to haul the motor back, since you may have easily available options already in NZ. Since you are so close, for sure see Ray, he is heckuva fine person.

The GRS System 3 is also very portable, but you don;t have quite as much adjustability as the Ngraver.

At the top of the end of price scale, the Linday Palm Control will as Sam Welch, be as compact as anything availble. Not sure what kind of work you have been doing, as to whether which of the three would be the best for you.

But all things being equal, if this is something you expect to use a lot, I think you would be better to served, and get the system you want that is best for your use, regardless of the size or any excess baggage costs you may face.

Hi Roger:
I am a new engraver, I purchased a GRS system 3 last year and attended my 1st 10 day engraving class 08/2009. I was able to use just about every type of power engraver. They all seemed to work. Instructor Jesse Houser tested my system 3 and advised me to use the lightest spring to obtain a smoother startup. (In my inexperience I hadn't noticed the choppy startup.

2 class mates had purchased the Lindsay system and liked the much smoother operation and the wider range of adjustment.

If you are near Elmira Ny about 4 hours from Ct. You are welcome to stop by and road test the System 3.

I have to warn you, living near the finger lakes wine country, a bottle of yours could lead to a bottle of ours. The next day could be a little rough.

longranger

Mr. Keagle
I have one of the GRS gravermeister and fit perfectly in my luggage,I also brought all of the ancillary equipment as well.Had no problems with the airlines, well underweight.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Aussi Roger,

I don't live on the East coast but am still in the Eastern part of the country. You are welcome to visit me and try my Lindsay Palm Control or my Gravermeister. My brother nearby has the Gravermax, Airtact, Lindsay Artisan and Classic. We both also have NgraveR's.

Kentucky Roger

ngraver98

Hi Roger

Just make sure that you take a dictionary so Ray can translate what your saying............he has great difficulty understanding proper English like us Kiwis and Aussies pronounce it :big grin::big grin::big grin:

Looking forward to seeing you again Ray at Reno. It's hard to believe that it's rolling around so fast :)

Cheers
Andrew

Lets cut to the chase "mite", R U going to bring trhe BRH with you ???

Latest posts

Sponsors