Question: Posting Quick Reply

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
:thinking:
The posting "Quick Reply" option does not work. Neither does the "reply with quote."
When I summit the message it just disappears.

I am using Firefox as the browser and allowing "trackers" does not change how it works.

:beatup:

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
My work around for that has been to go back to the main Hand Engraving index, click on the thread you want to comment on, and then on Reply To Thread. I think it's some Firefox glitch. But, that will work.

You can also copy your reply once it's composed and then paste it in when you come back in to the thread as described.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree with the Doc!

Now I only post by going to the "Reply to Thread", the other options do not work for me, and I too use Firefox so as the Doc says, could be a Firefox glitch

Rod

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
And the Thread unravels

:clapping:
And all this time I thought it was because I could not find the "any-key!"
:biggrin:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't have Firefox, I use Internet Explorer and the Reply With Quote option has not worked for me in several months. I thought it was just my PC.

monk

Staff member
i use firefox, internet explorer, and when in a sporting mood, will use firefox in ubuntu. so far my only gripe is with internet explorer on the windows side of things. it is erratic in nature. works some of the time, and some of the time not.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I acknowledge there's a bug somewhere in the software that screws up the reply with quote feature. I've been trying to hunt it down and fix it, but so far it has eluded me. :(

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I acknowledge there's a bug somewhere in the software that screws up the reply with quote feature. I've been trying to hunt it down and fix it, but so far it has eluded me. :(

Just clicked Reply With Quote and this is what happened..........

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's obviously working for you. When I try that and click the button there's no reaction.

What browser are you using?

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
It's obviously working for you. When I try that and click the button there's no reaction.

What browser are you using?

Explorer. I can hardly believe that something on this danged machine works correctly for me. It must be my stunning charm and personality. ;~)

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
It must be my stunning charm and personality.

:)

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
It rarely works for me, I just thought it was Sams way of limiting posts by non mac-users.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
btw, I note that quick reply is mapped to Alt+S, and Go Advanced is mapped to Alt+X, yet by default both of those have other mappings in Windows, which probably overrides or at least conflicts with the website button mapping.