Polar Bear Claw finished!!!

leroytwohawks

Elite Cafe Member
OK it's done maybe, I might still do a small scrimshaw style design along the curve of the claw but for now I think it's good. All comments welcome.

Kevin

Attachments

• Small.jpg
    Small.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 189

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks good to me, I only had to look twice if I could find what the engraved design suggests. Can't find anything else than an abstract design, or am I missing something?
arnaud

leroytwohawks

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, It is a North West Coast Native American design of what they call the Spirit Bear, they us a series of different styles of U and O shapes and other elements to forum the shape of the animals. This one is kneeling in prayer and has some type spirit coming out of it's mouth. There all very abstract designs.

Kevin

Looks good to me, I only had to look twice if I could find what the engraved design suggests. Can't find anything else than an abstract design, or am I missing something?
arnaud

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very nice, indeed. many elements of the northwest art are evident there, esp the symbolic salmon egg. this beautiful ethnic art almost always contains the salmon egg, as the salmon is of utmost importance in their history and survival.