Playing with the new tools

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Had to retire my old NgraveR flex shaft rotary handpiece.
Made a call to my good friend Tira Mitchell at www.engraver.com, explained the work I'll be doing in the near future and requested any needed tooling she recommended.
Well.....the new Foredom tools are here. LX motor, H.52 handpiece. SXR foot control and the K.1070 Micromotor outfit.
The results speak for themselves!
Thanks Tira!

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I used that hand piece for several years and loved it!! Still have one though I use a Techno a bit more lately. Learn how to adjust collet tension as it will need this once a year or so.
Enjoy! And nice ring Brian.
Layne

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Ditto Brian

I also like the variable speed on demand.

To my way of thinking, the variable fixed speed (dial)motors, are very limiting, just like the model T's column speed controller.
The gas pedal was a tremendous leap, as was the foot controller.

Hog it out at high/ medium, then a little slower once you're in the groove AND getting close to specs.

I have seen some amazing work with the variable fixed speeds, as Chris says, "In experienced hands", but then again, when I'm coming up on a hairpin curve, I don't want to have to reach over, breaking my rhythm, and adjust my speed.

Clarification.
I'm not knocking the variable fixed speeds. To each, his own.
The world of engraving is diverse. IF everyone used the same machines, techniques, designs, school of thought, etc. , this would be a very boring site.

Last edited:

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sometimes the "fun" is just getting something new. It's even more fun when the first time you try it, you amaze yourself. (Which was the case here)
Andrew...I owe you a clarification: I only used the new equipment for the hole drilling/ stone seat. There really was some GraverMach/901 engraving involved.
I did make it sound like it was all done with rotary tooling. Bad on me.
Thanks for the kudos just the same, my friend!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not sure about that "force stuff". am sure the ring is a real nice looking piece. nice lookin flare -cut design.

Latest posts

Sponsors