Help, please: photoshop tutorials?

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
I recently bought the cloud deal with adobe for $50 a month for pretty much all there software. Now i gotta learn. I was playing with this knife i engraved in photoshop using Sam generous tutorial on his sight but was wondering if there is a tutorial on making a better background like Ive seen with the engraving big in the background kinda fading?! hope that makes since. thanks in advance

Attachments

• almarknife.jpg
    almarknife.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 256

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
This is the very best Adobe PhotoShop tutorial for digital photographers there is available: The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers - by Scott Kelby

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Griff, you mean learning things something like this. :)

Oeps, sorry I made some scratches on the knife now by laying it there. :biggrin:

arnaud

griff.jpg

Last edited:

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
thanks guys

engraving is not the only thing i need to practice but eventually ill figure it out.

Attachments

• moore3.jpg
    moore3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 171

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Griff, PS is just like anything else, practice practice.... seems you are on track changing the background.
One thing I miss most when not using software, is the shortcut combination on a PC...... (CTRL) Z to undo.
sometimes while making a graver cut, I would I could.

arnaud

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
photoshop tutorials

Griff

I am in the process of creating a Tutorial on using the free Photoshop Cs2 Versions

I have five Chapters up on YouTube now, I am going to take a few days of to do some Honey-doos

I don't know if they will help you or not, but anyway they are there for your viewing pleasure

I have covered most of the Photoshop processes I used to do a Design Study for a Bulino Engraving I did for my Grandsons Shotgun

I should have the rest finished in a few days

Ken

Do a search for "Bulino Engraver" and they should come up

PS, I have another Tutorial Close to being finished using CorelDraw, Covering Scrolls, Etc.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Griff: You've gotten some good advice and samples so far. Getting to your question, after you detach the knife from the background, create a black filled layer below it. Then duplicate the knife layer and go to EDIT>TRANSFORM>SCALE and click-drag to make it really big. Then lower its opacity on the Layers pallet until it fades to suit you. So you'll have the knife on top, the transformed and scaled layer in the middle, and the black background layer at the bottom.

Dead Eye Dawn

Griff, I am new to this forum however have used Photoshop for many years. If you have any questions, check out Lynda.com it is a tutorial site which you can subscribe to and take lessons on any of the Adobe software including lots more. I use it all the time.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Griff, I am new to this forum however have used Photoshop for many years. If you have any questions, check out Lynda.com it is a tutorial site which you can subscribe to and take lessons on any of the Adobe software including lots more. I use it all the time.

Welcome to the forum, Dead Eye Dawn. I agree...Lynda.com is the best resource for software video tutorials on the planet.

aalv2003

background and composition sugestion

My sugestion is to use a part of your own picture (the important part: the engraving)
then rescale to fit all the image, then manage brightnes, contrast, transparency, etc.
Also, I would put (again) the most important part of the picture: the engraving in the point of more interest in the picture: dividing with golden proportion the entire picture this point is in the intersection of the lines down-right, and enlarge the picture for good proportion - composition of the entire frame.
Sorry my bad english!

Attachments

• almarknife-background sugestion.jpg
    almarknife-background sugestion.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Sponsors