Pachmayr Invincible Upgrade

gdelmonico

I have a Pachmayer upgraded Parker. It was a 1931 DHE upgraded to Inv 9 by Frank and donated to the Ducks Unlimited million dollar donation drive in the mid 80's. It is my understanding, and I may be wrong, that Frank's shop only did four Invincible upgrades. My gun has side plates, and possibly is one of a kind. I will attach a photos if I can figure out the attachment protocols. I'd like to find out who possibly did the engraving, and if indeed there were only four Invincible upgrades done at his shop. Thank you in advance for any insight into this Parker.....

Attachments

• DSCN1860.jpg
    DSCN1860.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN0477.jpg
    DSCN0477.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 182

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Richard Boucher did work Pachmayer and did at least one Invincible upgrade. I did one myself for a client around the same time and remember talking to him about it a FEGA show, probably in 86.

But, I hate to tell you, these are not an Invincible pattern.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"But, I hate to tell you, these are not an Invincible pattern."

Scott: How can you tell? I can't make heads or tails about the engraving from these pictures. I even tried to Photoshop them with no success.

Mr. Delmonico:

Scott is correct in that the late Richard Boucher was one of Pachmayer's go to engravers for extensive coverage on Parker upgrades. The late Erich Boessler also did upgrades for Pachmayer.

To determine who engraved a gun, high resolution, sharply focused, well lit photos are important. It is more important to see an enlarged part of the engraving than the whole gun. The wood is irrelevent for this purpose.

Some better images may tell us a lot. Otherwise, not much hope.

Regards,

Roger Bleile

gdelmonico

Packmayr Upgrade

I didn't really care if the engraving was the exact "Invincible pattern," because I know it is an upgraded gun, and I knew what I was getting into. I believe it was the engravers intent to at least try to meet the standard.
I'm more interested in who may have done the work, and if any other side plates were ever produced. If you would like a good look at some better quality photos, I believe they are still on-line at Decatur Jewelry & Pawn:

http://decaturjewelry.com/specials/parker-bros-rare-vintage-shotgun/

If you go to this site you may even enlarge and magnify the photos of the engraving.

Thanks again for your thoughts on the gun. I do appreciate your input.

Gerry

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gerry,

The pictures on the web site are much better however I do not recognize the work of any engraver that I can think of. I am fairly certain it is not the work of Richard Boucher or Erich Boessler.

As to the sideplates, Pachmayer did add sideplates to quite a few Parker and Winchester model 21 upgrades.

RB

gdelmonico

Parker upgrade

It is a great target gun, and I plan to use it at events, so perhaps I will encounter someone who knows someone etc., and get some additional information.
I heard from Gino Cargnel's son who thinks that it may have been done by his father. I am waiting on more information from him.
Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Sponsors