Overview of Sams New DVD Engraving Scroll Work Part 2

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Ok everyone I have spent some more time on Engraving my knife by following Sams Instructions as per his Engraving Scroll work. I have finished the next 3 chapters,
Engraving the borders - I followed along with Sam and drew my border lines using a set of Dividers and a modified scribe. I cut the borders and went on to the next chapter
Drawing the backbone and drawing the inside element. I used Sams transfer wax and a very sharp 9 lead pencil. the design is not exactly like Sams but close. I will tell you freehand drawing under a microscope in wax is not easy though I see the benifits. I have attached a couple of pictures of my progress I will cut the scrolls next and share with you more of my progress. I really am having fun doing this. I look forward the next chapters where I will be cutting out the design.
This exercise is really helping me appreciate how really good Sam is I hope you guys are enjoying this. Attached are some progress Pictures

Attachments

• Alfano Scroll 3.jpg
    Alfano Scroll 3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Alfano Scroll 2.jpg
    Alfano Scroll 2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 106

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Looking good, Bill :) You'll get used to drawing in wax. It's been my preferred method for many years :thumbsup:

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Sam
I really see the advantage to working with your wax. I have used other products to be able to draw on and I have tended to use your product more and more cause it is so fast and easy to clean up. Though having a very fine point to scribe with is a must. I hope you like the method I am using to eval your dvd. I am anxious to get your Lettering dvd in and play with it. 70 percent of the work I engrave now involved Lettering.
I will be working on the next 2 chapters of the Scroll Engraving dvd and I will show my progress.
thanks for all the help you give us.
bill

Latest posts

Sponsors