Only a few thousand cuts left to finish :)

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Are you using "speed,pills" Phil? To me it seems you finish one every two weeks. So you probably finish this one tomorrow. :)

Anyway, another really nice one, no gold this time?

arnaud

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, Thanks for sharing your work with us. I really like the effect that you have achieved with the longer leafs on this one. Someplace I have some great pictures of pheasants to cold to fly with snow a couple of inches deep on their backs clinging to a barbed wire fence back in South Dakota. You can just pick them off the wire or out of snow drifts. When they thaw a bit it can be exciting in the cab of the pickup. Thanks again Fred

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I no longer want to ask any questions about technique, etc., Phil, curious as I always am about the 'how to',

Now I simply enjoy the experience of being taken into the rural setting, as a meditation, from time to time admiring the composition, allow myself to cast my mind back to happy days among the heather, and feel deeper inside. The moment of art is a flash point, and a two way street.

Recently I have revisited your wonderful archives on the forums, as a gallery of 'paintings', and will do so many times.

Thank you.

Rod

BES

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Phil
Superb, Simply Superb!!!
Phil, Thanks for Sharing Your Work!

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks! And i'm glad you all liked the picture. There's a day or so left to finish this scene, then there's the other side and the bottom scene to finish.

Something very interesting coming up next, the Boss Bicentenary Gun which will have a portrait of Mr Boss himself standing at his bench, I think the only one in existance.

Simon is about to start the Purdey Bicentenary Gun for 2014, by the way for those who buy the Sporting Gazette there's a full page picture of one of Simon's guns on the second page, in a H&H ad.

Phil

Latest posts

Sponsors