One for the fly fishers....

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a carved silver quarter I've had on eBay for a couple of days now. I've called it "The Take"; that magical moment just as the trout takes your fly. I really miss my fishing and hope the arm can get sorted so I can get back to it.

It's not your usual hobo subject, but was really fun to sculpt as the silver alloy was yummy to carve. Oh how I wish all metal moved like this! Hope you like it.

Attachments

• The Take 2.jpg
    The Take 2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 252

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice coin. Just ebayed it as well - so often when I look at ebay lately there are no bids, or only 1 or 2. It is fun to see something like this which is good enough to generate some bidding action (8 just now).
Gary

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
That's a sharp coin, Marcus. You've been doing some great scenery lately too and I'm happy your getting good prices for your work. This one is especially realistic.

-Andy

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus, beautiful job ............now I don't want to get to work but grab my fly rod, and it's a gorgeous day for fishing just a bit cold, lol, a reprieve I suppose. Wonderful artistry of depth thank you. Hope your arm is on the mend and the fish are rising.
Mark

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Catharine - knowing the title and denomination, this time I just went on ebay and searched for "the take" quarter. I think you could also just search for "Marcus Hunt" to find all his work. I also just tried to bid on the Barnstormer, but already got outbid... (wondering if there is a setting on it to automatically counterbid 50 cents higher until a reserve is reached?)
Gary

Last edited:

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice Marcus

God will perhaps help it after catching the fly :big grin:

BES

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Marcus!

Hi Marcus!

Great composition and details!

What is the diameter of the coin in millimeters?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marcus, Super quarter! Take a Look at Ray Covers website of a couple of his custom flyrods. One weighs in at 2.5 ounces. Had the pleasure of holding this work at Scott's Engrave-In. At that weight you can just about hold it in your teeth. Great to see your work as always. That coin looks like it came out of circulation-Great finish-Fred

http://www.rcoverengraving.com/salerods.htm

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus nice coin as always, I love the barnstormer coin tooo.

Cloudy, Search HOBO NICKEL on ebay and you will see the coins. Whether you carve a dollar , nickel penny half dollar etc. always put the words hobo nickel in the title if you are going to sell it on ebay.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for all your kind comments guys. Coin carving is serious fun for me. The medium makes such a nice change from cutting steel and the limits of size and shape of the coin is a mental challenge which brings it's own creative rewards.