old english script (first attempt)

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member

I really like this alphabet but cutting it was interesting to say the least. I cant get my curves to do right :beatup::(
also my edges are not cutting clean. I couldnt tell until I put some wax in the letters and then I could see it slapping me in the face.. What causes that? It seems like the brass is chipping/flaking rather than being cut. Dull graver? (probably operator error) Any how I still had fun and had a smile on my face. No white flag yet!

Eugene Carkoski

Elite Cafe Member
don't give up yet, and I see some promise in their. A size reference would be nice so one could tell how big your cutting your letters. Some Brass is really bad to cut. Like the old saying goes how do you get to Carnegie hall practice practiced practice.

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
How about this

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Beladran: It's probably cast brass, as rolled brass cuts much nicer. Be sure to use a 120 degree graver and some lubricant, you might have some luck with a 105 degree graver, but i would use a 120.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Letters seem pretty thick. English script is usually cut with bevel cuts. To get thicker letters you can add vertical bars.

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
Your first attempt is far superior than mine!
I have the jewelry engraving handbook an was going by there example. I like the style you used better.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The font I'd off of Sam's lettering CD.

There are a lot of old English style fonts out there.

Latest posts

Sponsors