Announcement: Ohio Gun Collectors July 21 & 22

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Big Event this weekend at the Roberts Center in Wilmington, Ohio (Near Dayton)
About 18 engravers and a few gunmakers will be featured at the Ohio Gun Collectors Association show. (A total of 730 tables were sold for this show)
The show isn't open to the public but you can get in with a $10.00 guest pass as long as you get a member to sponsor you.
Stop by and introduce yourself. Bring the latest copy of the American Handgunner featuring Weldon Lister and myself with President George W. Bush and I'll autograph it for you. I'm at table HH-21.

(I'll autograph it for Weldon too! LOL!)

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'll be at table HH15 with some of my work on display as well as various engraving books for sale. I hope Chris DeCamillas can bring an Enset with him.

Roger

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Roger,

Yes the Enset will be there along with the New leica scope the Envise and other items . You can give them a test drive. i am looking forward to this gathering it will be a good time The Ohio show is a great show.

Chris

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
THAT WAS ONE FANTASTIC GUN SHOW!!! A huge "THANK YOU" to Joe Rundell for putting it together and a huge "THANK YOU" to the Ohio Gun Collectors Association for promoting this event.
Joe has all the numbers and will no doubt share them with us, but I think the OGCA was pretty darned impressed with us.
Stay tuned!

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Brian I agree, Thanks to Joe for getting this all together. I got to see the next issue of there magazine and we are featured on the cover front and back. These people were so welcoming to us. It was incredible. I had more requests for engraving jobs in these two days then all the times I attended Reno put together. I am not taking any work right now so we simply refereed them to the other engravers there.

Joe showed some real leadership for the group . It was because of him we are being featured in there magazine. He also talked to the president and the incoming president of the OGCA and they want us back and would welcome as many as care to come. They told him they would accommodate us regardless of the number who come. The price is right also we aonly had to pay 35 dollars for a table. The membership were very happy for us to be there as well and showed it everytime we spoke with any of them. the membership of the OCGA is eighteen thousand members and still growing. This show had 700 tables. It's the smallest one of the five they do each year.

As Brian said stay tune there will be more info in the coming weeks.

Chris

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had a great time sharing with my fellow engravers and talking with the attendees. At times my table was like the Antiques Road Show with people bringing their engraved guns to ask "who done it?"

I look forward to doing this again next year.

Roger

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Haraga,

There is no intention to have the FEGA show here. We want to keep it as an informal gathering . We will probably do seminars and maybe even have some competitions for engraving which would be judged by the all attendees who could cast a vote for there favourite engraving. We also had several custom gun makers there as well. They are also welcome. In fact I should have mentioned that before. We don't want to form an organization it seems that then all the rules and regulations as well as the insider clubs that seem to form cause more problems then they solve.

It's like Scott's Engrave-in or the Ken Hurst gathering. People have a good time learn something make new friends or simply meet the people who interact on forums. We don't want people to have to have a special invitation in order to benefit from other engravers knowledge. I never understood how restricting people from attending other venues benefit engraving as a whole.

We would like to give everyone interested a special invitation to come.

More information will be coming over time so that those who are interested can participate.

Chris

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I believe Joe R. was told that the Ohio Gun Collectors Association will accomodate us at "ANY" of their shows, except their annual meeting date(May)---that thing is 1,000 tables and sold out years in advance.
...in line with what Roger said about being asked to comment on engraved guns, I had one guy present his gun and asked, "Tell me what you think about this. Please be honest...you won't hurt my feelings."
Needless to say, I was honest and he wasn't happy about that.

Andrew Biggs

Brian, Brian, Brian.

That is like your wife/partner wanting an honest answer to the question ..............does my bum look big in this???

There is the honest answer.............. and then there is the correct answer :)

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors