oak leaf...

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
ive had some fun with oak leaf scroll. its fun, and doesnt have to be perfect to look great.
CRW_6894.jpg 0303112334.jpg
two of my own creations.
0428112334.jpg
a rebuilt buck 112. the brass is the only thing from the original knife.
CRW_6910.jpg
one piece i did for great eastern.
1202112043.jpg
and a cute little stag handeled montjoy.

sorry the pics are not so great.

Jeroen

Those two "own creations": you mean you also made the knives yourself? Also the damascus steel?
I like the design of those knives: compact! And your oak-leaves suit them well. Maybe add some shadowing to the acorns to make them look rounder? Not to make them perfect ;)

Jeroen

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
jeroen..... i made the knives, not the steels. stag handel has chad nichols damascus in it, and the red (paduk) one is a piece of mike norris stainless damascus. that one i carry daily and it fits perfectly into the little pocket on the right side that most people dont use antmore.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I know many folks don't like Oak Leaf as much as other styles....BUT I DO :) These are very nicely done!

Donny

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm a BIG fan of oak leaves. It's what I started engraving to do. I've always loved them, and find it sad that the only guns I've engraved with oak leaves have been for myself! Glad to see that they have other fans.

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
i saw a knife at BLADE a few years back that had sculpted oakleaf on a mokume bolster.... AMAZING! changed my openion about "never engrave anything on mokume"
it looked like real leaves on the forest floor.... i sware i could hear the leaves crunching.

Latest posts

Sponsors