O-ring question

mlk67z

Hello, is there anyone know whitch kind of O-Ring have GRS Quick change holders. I Mean which Kind of rubber is (silicon or other kind)
Thnx

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I can't answer your question, but I can tell you that it pays to have extras on hand because they do wear out.

mlk67z

Im Stone setter from Italy And I use Graver Smith but I need to change O-Ring , but is diffucult availability , have you some order number?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
most hardware stores sell assorted sizes. if theres a store near you, just buy a couple that "look" right. if one looks close, it should work.

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
# 022-029 O-ring new tool holder.

Be careful with that number, it could roughly translate to a dash system number for an O-ring that is 1 1/4" in diameter. The number Monk provided is a GRS part number that doesn't have any size designations. I suspect he's going to need the dimensions of the actual O-ring so he can find suitable replacements.

mlk67z

Thank you all, I have compared with other O-Ring, but the original is more soft and elastic, others are rigid and do not give enough movement, being too hard will ruin very soon

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all, I have compared with other O-Ring, but the original is more soft and elastic, others are rigid and do not give enough movement, being too hard will ruin very soon

It sounds like ordering from GRS directly may be your best bet... Unless you know the actual material and durometer rating, you won't match the exact elasticity of the original.

mlk67z

It sounds like ordering from GRS directly may be your best bet... Unless you know the actual material and durometer rating, you won't match the exact elasticity of the original.
Thanks I think the best solution to order from Grs. I know that no one knows what material made these O-Rings

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Back when I used to teach for GRS, I had replaced all the O-rings on my QC collets with red O-rings, so I could instantly separate my gravers from the students, as my were frequently loaned out to try or emulate from.

But alas, for this discussion, I don't know what size they were.