Announcement: NO REFUNDS for Pledge Membership

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Effective today, I will no longer issue refunds for Pledge Membership.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
lemme guess: some paid so they could list something for sale then asked for a refund when that was no longer needed?

mrthe

Sad to ear that someone can ask a refound for something that really just help in the promotion of the knowledges of the hand engraving.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
You have got to be kidding me! Can not imagine the size of the Brass B_ _ _ _ to ask for a refund.

Sam

Staff member
I've issued 3 refunds this week. Just not going to do it any more.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
lemme guess: some paid so they could list something for sale then asked for a refund when that was no longer needed?
That's a valid reason. On the other hand, maybe someone is stuck in the automatic renewal mode but no longer has an interest in engraving. Alternatively, perhaps they have fallen on hard times and can't spare the bucks. Not everyone is trying to scam the system. To be fair, I would suggest no first year refunds, but would consider those who have been on longer than a year.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I've issued 3 refunds this week. Just not going to do it any more.

as many as you have managed to assemble in your forum, sam-- there's bound to be a few bags of scum. people who have limited funds are easy to deal with. some how they always manage to "make things right". it's cheapskates that **** me off to the max !! wouldn't bother me at all if you kicked them off the forum.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
This is a good reminder!! mine expired last month, and I didn't know about it, so I won't be getting my money back:mad:

good thing I checked, now I have a chance for this year, ;)

Richard.

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
hey sam,
dont worry about these ... I think the most People here are proud to be a Pledge Member. I´m happy to give something back to the forum where i can learn so mutch.
I dont think refunds are ok if someone sells stuff at ebey he also has to pay for that

chris

Sam

Staff member
Obviously if someone's in financial despair that's another story, but if things don't pan out for you in the Buy & Sell forum then that's another thing.
And if you don't want recurring payments then cancel them via PayPal. When I first setup the Pledge Membership system I had it set to recurring and someone complained about that so I turned it off. Then MORE people complained that it was off so I turned it back on. :confused: Can't please everybody!

Michigan Dave

The problem is Sam, If you want to cancel your subscription through PayPal you can not do it with a cancel button. You have to get the right forum on PayPal through the contact PayPal button. After I was alerted to a $ 15.00 payment in 2 days, I tried to cancel and could not find anyway to cancel. That is why you are getting people asking for refunds of $ 15.00. There is no easy way to cancel.

Sam

Staff member
The problem is Sam, If you want to cancel your subscription through PayPal you can not do it with a cancel button. You have to get the right forum on PayPal through the contact PayPal button. After I was alerted to a $ 15.00 payment in 2 days, I tried to cancel and could not find anyway to cancel. That is why you are getting people asking for refunds of $ 15.00. There is no easy way to cancel.

Dave: I wish I could provide better assistance with technical things pertaining to the forum, but with 10k+ members I'm constantly inundated with emails "I can't upload" and "how do I do such-and-such?". It's just part of the job of being a forum owner and I'm not complaining and I do try to help when I can, but some things simply have to be figured out by members. If I took time out of my day to handle every request I'd have no time for my work.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
You have my sympathies Sam. People take the route of lease resistance, it's human nature. A friend and I developed a piece of software back in the eighties. Supplied a manual to the users, but constantly got phone calls because they wouldn't read the manual. I just bit the bullet and got used to it. I don't think you can change that behavier as long as you are replying to their requests. Keep up the good work on your site, and many thanks for your dedication to it.
Cheers
Don

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
coincidentally, i just received my "Paid Subscription Expiry" notice and don't know if i have "a recurring subscription that will be automatically billed for the renewal" hmmm, guess i'll have figure that out. or bother Sam to do it for me. ;-)

RDP

Elite Cafe Member

I just renewed mine, and received an e-mail from PayPal telling me it was a recurring payment and how to cancel it if I wanted to, this is what it said,

" To update or cancel your agreement with Sam Alfano, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile and click My Money. Your agreement is in My Pre-approved Payments."

Richard.

Last edited:

Michigan Dave

I just renewed mine, and received an e-mail from PayPal telling me it was a recurring payment and how to cancel it if I wanted to, this is what it said,

" To update or cancel your agreement with Sam Alfano, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile and click My Money. Your agreement is in My Pre-approved Payments."

I invite every one who has a pledge account, to follow these instructions. When you get to the Pre-approved Payments page, find a way to cancel your agreement, there is no way.

Latest posts

Sponsors