Niyo - diamond marking pen

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sinan. As a rule, when you wish to scribe metal the objective is to burnish (cause a bright, polished line) rather than actually scratch the surface. I believe the most commonly used scribe is carbide with a very long gradual taper coming to a fine point which is rounded very slightly so that it will not catch and scratch a finger nail. I use carbide "beauty pin's" held in a lead holder or 7 mm mechanical pencil. Fred

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
CJ, How are you. Haven't been able to make the Scott Engrave In for a couple of years, and missed talk'in to ya. Beauty Pins are small carbine nails used in fine woodworking. After you have glued an ecussion on or some small trim piece you hold it by putting these tiny nails made of carbide. since you don't want any nails you leave them stick out a little. when your satisfied the glue has done it work just tap them with a hammer from the side they will break off just below the surface. When you raise the grain or put on your filler the tiny (7 mm) hole just vanishes. Hope I am able to make the fall gathering in old Tenn. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors