Announcement: Nick Kusmit 1918 -2010

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
NORTH HAVEN - Nicholas (Nick) Kusmit, Sr., 92, of Dover Road, North Haven, passed away Monday, Dec. 13, 2010, at St. Raphael's Hospital. Husband to his beloved wife, Judy Thompson Kusmit.

Born in New Haven on May 31, 1918; a son of the late William Kuzmycz and Anna Cymbalista Kuzmycz. A graduate of the Paier School of Art he was a master gun engraver for the former Winchester-Olin Corporation for 30 years. Throughout his career in master gun engraving, Nicholas engraved many different guns for movie stars, presidents such as Gerald Ford, dignitaries, many famous people throughout the nation, such as Norman Rockwell, and for many kings and queens. His engraving crafts were documented in many books and many of his guns and sketches are on display in the Cody Museum in Wyoming. Nicholas was selected person of the week in the North Haven Courier.

Father of Michael F. (Ruzan) Kusmit, of Burlington, Vt., Nicholas Kusmit, Jr., Thomas R. Kusmit, and Christopher E. (Kelly) Kusmit, all of North Haven; grandfather of Leeza, Connor and Sierra Kusmit; brother of Harry (Jessie) Kusmit, of North Haven; and the late John, Michael and Leo Kuzmycz, Helen Brown, Olga Malanson, Stella Moquet, Frankie and Stefania Kuzmycz.

His funeral procession will leave the North Haven Funeral Home, 36 Washington Ave., Saturday at 9:30 a.m. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated in St. Frances Cabrini Church at 10 a.m. Interment will follow in the North Haven Center Cemetery. The visiting hours will be Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. www.northhavenfuneral.com

Published in The Record-Journal on December 16, 2010

Requisiat in Pace

Attachments

• Nicolas Kusmit,Sr-5-31-18-12-13-10.jpg
    Nicolas Kusmit,Sr-5-31-18-12-13-10.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 23

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Sorry to hear of the passing of this fine engraver.
At the moment I'm working on a shotgun that was preped by the metalsmith that used to prep the Custom Shop guns that Nick engraved at Winchester.
God speed to Nick and my condolences to his family.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sad to hear the news about Nick,I was fortunate to meet Nick and John at a gun show in Connecticut in the late 70's,really fine engravers and gentleman.J.J.

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
I too am saddened by Nicks departure,he was a fine engraver and a gentelman.He was the man that I replaced for a brief time when he retired.
I was honored to stand in his shadow.I hope to live as long.

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
What a group of craftsmen there will be in Heaven come resurrection day!! Joseph! I hope you live that long too.Maybe then I will have a chance to study with you. God Bless Nicks family.mike