Newbie/Wannabe here

Southtexas

Elite Cafe Member
My first post. Have been reading for some time. A bit more info in my profile now.
Interesting posts about the basics. Being one of those needing the info made me perk up my ears. I have made use of my local library, Google books, and youtube videos to get the basics myself. I did purchase Meek's book after having looked over the library copy.
Smiths basic book was more valuable to me than the advanced one. But I didn't find much of what I needed in either. I'm finding I must pick up bits here and there from different authors/engravers and find out what bits pertain to me at the moment. I'm not so sure there is or can be a quick start guide for such a complex subject.

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
HI, try the tips section on this Forum there is a ton of information there. Welcome to the Forum I think you will find the people here very helpful.

scott99

Southtexas

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Scott, the tips section has been most helpful already as have posts made by the folks of the forums. Very helpful is putting it mildly. I am slowly progressing from Wannabe status and trying to prove that an old dog can learn new tricks.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome to the fire of confusion fueled by uncertainty ! all one need do is begin practicing. there's a total engraving education here & elsewhere. all you need do is avail yourself of said information. good luck, and send fotos. fotos are the only way to evalate what you do.

Latest posts

Sponsors