Newbie Question: Mauser 1910 and 1914 any helpful tips?

npalencsar

So I picked up two Mauser semi-auto pistols, a 1910 and a 1914. If you have done any work on either of these, any tips? Are they super hard? Should I get them annealed before starting? Any help would be appreciated.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
try removing the grip panels. do a scratch test. or on some other "hidden" spot on the gun. this will likely reveal if the metal is good to engrave.

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
So I picked up two Mauser semi-auto pistols, a 1910 and a 1914. If you have done any work on either of these, any tips? Are they super hard? Should I get them annealed before starting? Any help would be appreciated.
These pistols are over 100 yrs. Old. Back then they didn’t fool proof firearms making them with super hard alloy So they they’d be easy to cut. If the guns are Nazi marked they are collectible and command fairly high price, even the commercial ones can be pricey, in other words they ain’t (just some old gun).They shoot well too, I have a 1914 commercial. Frankly, I wouldn’t engrave either. Modern engraving design is much different than ww1 time period.whatever you plan probably won’t look right. My opinion only of course.
I’d choose a different (canvas) but again, that’s just me.

Latest posts

Sponsors