Newbie here

TJS

Hi Guys , My name is TJ, ...New here and its nice to be on a active forum like this, I am very interested to learn engraving, I am a bench jeweler in Melbourne, Florida. Hope to get some advice from you guys. :)

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Best advice would be to take a class. Ray Cover has done a course in Florida, GRS in Emporia, Kansas has many courses each year. There are probably local people that would welcome a visit and show you their setup etc. The money spent by getting quality instruction will be earned back very quickly.
Welcome to the Forum!

Will

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the above is sound advice. in lieu of that, there are many books & videos covering most aspects of the engraving scenario. don' be shy, poke around the forum. heavy education there. all one need do is read. wont cost you 1 red cent to do that. don't make the mistake of buying tools and just giving it a try, without at least reading up on this fascinating art. my suggestion- for jewelry- pay close attention to llettering skills. you'll need that a lot. secondly, as you study the scrolls posted here, concentrate on the more simplified ones first. as your drawing skills improve, the more complex designs will be easier to understand and execute. welcome, and don't be afraid to ask questions. the only dumb question is the one you hesitate to ask.

Latest posts

Sponsors