Announcement: New video: Engraving Scrollwork - Start to Finish by Sam

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Available now on DVD. 1 hour and 15 minute video showing the entire process of engraving a stainless steel knife bolster. Recorded in HD directly through my microscope. You'll see exactly what I see as the engraving progresses.

I have a few copies ready for immediate shipping. The retail version with printed sleeve will be out in a few weeks.

Here's a video trailer:

[video=youtube;GkdRqW1RyLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkdRqW1RyLs&feature=plcp[/video]

aikisan

Hi Sam, you're planning a download version (Hand engraving on Demand)?
I can not wait anymore :)

Jens

Sam

Staff member
Jens: Yes, it will also be available for instant download. I'm working on that now and I'll announce when it's ready. It should be in the next 24-48 hrs.
Thanks! / ~Sam

mrthe

Look Great Sam,i'm shure that will be "THE VIDEO" congratulations and thank you for all the work and this new instructional video,will be very helpful for us!

Sam

Staff member
You're welcome Paolo. I hope you enjoy it :)

Mike: The downloaded video purchases are handled by a different company, so a DVD purchase doesn't carry over to download purchase, etc.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Sam,
It looks great. Just ordered my copy. Can I talk you into doing one on gold inlay? Hope springs eternal! :tiphat:
Sandy

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
... electronically walking over to take my place in line for the download version, I can barely see the front of the line...

Neo Dutch

Elite Cafe Member
Ordered mine. Howsabout a bonus feature on cutting Purdey style scrolls.

Sam

Staff member
Thanks for your orders guys :) And for your suggestions for future videos. Lettering will be coming at some point. I have some video recorded :thumbsup:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam,

I opened the download site, paid the fee, and downloaded the leapingbrain.com installer to my mac laptop, but I am forbidden to instal the installer, as it says it is not an allowable app?

Is the situation, that if I was allowed to open the installer, I get permission to stream the video online, but not have the video on my laptop?

I am a bit stuck?

Suggestions?

best

Rod

Sam

Staff member
Thanks for your purchase, Rod :)

It sounds like a security setting on your mac. Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > and where it says Allow applications downloaded from: click the Anywhere selection.

You must launch the player app to view the videos. Although they're on your Mac, they will only run in the player.