New to the Forum

I am new to the Forum, though I have been lurking for some time. I have been making knives for about 30 years, and have had a number of my pieces engraved. This has given me the chance to closely study the work of some great engravers. Though very intimidated by the work shown here on the forum, I would like to give it a try. Unfortunately I am not an artist, but would like to be able to do some basic work to incorporate with my filework. I have attached some photos of my knifework. My website is www.wolfeknives.com
Wolfgang

Attachments

• Loerchner_C07_02-copy.jpg
    Loerchner_C07_02-copy.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 140
  • Lorelei& Rodney Gothic open fixed7.jpg
    Lorelei& Rodney Gothic open fixed7.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 2007 Folder Invitational3 Good.jpg
    2007 Folder Invitational3 Good.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Darom Wings.jpg
    Darom Wings.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Don Guild Rodney Chicago 2008 copy.jpg
    Don Guild Rodney Chicago 2008 copy.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 146

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hello Wolf, and welcome to the Cafe! It's an honor and pleasure to have you here. I'm trying to remember when we first met...I think it was in the 1980's at the Knifemakers Guild Show. I was completely blown away with your work back then and am even more so today. Absolutely spectacular and masterful work you do. If you start engraving the rest of us might as well close up shop and take up another trade. :)

Let the journey begin! :beerchug:

~Sam

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Being a knife collector, I am honored to have you join the forum. Your knives are works of art and your style is very distinctive.

Welcome and feel free to show as many of your knives as you please!

Peter

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome! Your knives have such beautiful lines and forms! It will be great to see what you can do with engraving too.

Bill Burke

Hello Wolf, We have not met yet, but I am looking forward to the time that we do. I will also be at the mini show and hammer in in Montana this summer and am looking forward to seeing your presentation and talking with you. I think that your knives are fantastic.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the Café and nice to meet you Wolfgang, you work looks impressive.
I see it for the first time, but that is because I'm new to engraving.
arnaud

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome Wolfgang,............Not an artist?

You knives are wonderful. I think the word is elligant. I am sure that your engraving would be just as impressive should you decide to learn it.

Ron S

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good to have you Wolfgang, I've been an admirer of yours for years, I've always loved looking at your work. I know if you decide to start engraving your work will be awesome! Thank you for joining the forum,

Dwayne

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Like Martin I really like that Darom Wings - not that there's anything wrong with the rest of them, just that that one really speaks to me.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Wolfgang, methinks you fib a bit about not being an artist. Your knives are beautiful and very artistic.
Welcome to the forum.
gailm

Thank you very, very much for the warm welcome. I purchased all the tools some time ago, and have set up an initial engraving bench. It has been sitting there waiting for me ever since. With all the selfless help given by the forum members here, I think I may be able to at least master the basics. I am very much looking forward to learning a new skill, hoping it will not end in disappointment.
Wolfgang

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
WOLFE..................You ready for me to come up and start helping you out? Got your email and was going to call you tonight, but will call tomorrow for sure.

Rick Eaton

Elite Cafe Member
Wolfe,
Welcome to the forum, your work shows alot of artistry, I'm sure you will pick it up very fast. Look forward to seeing you when you come to Montana in June. Any help you need I will be more than glad to help.
All the best
Rick

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Wolf and I have done quite a few collaborations over the years and I think its time for a few more.

Latest posts

Sponsors