New project includes advice from Sam's Lettering video

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Here are some pictures of a new engraving project I am working on. The letter B is engraved with Jeweler cuts as a fill and I took sam's suggestion from the Lettering DVD to add bright cut highlights to the letter after is is outlined.

Attachments

• orbtest 1a.jpg
    orbtest 1a.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 210
  • orbtest 1b.jpg
    orbtest 1b.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 208
  • orbtest 1c.jpg
    orbtest 1c.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 210

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cool looking stuff you did there. after watching his dvd a couple times-- i decided to cut script sams' way, rather than the way i did it for years. surprise-- i was able to cut a bit faster. also able to better see the line i wanted to cut. net result, after a bit of practice-- my script actually looked better !

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Monk
I studied Lettering with Mike Dubber which gave me a real good foundation. However I love Sams Videos on Lettering because I find he gives a lot of secrets away on how to make your lettering pop. So between Mike and Sam direction I am getting better however still have a long way to go. Thanks for the comments. I will have more pictures for this project as time goes on.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the nice thing about sams' is there's no baloney there. excellent video with brief descriptions of what to do. there's nothing there he does that wastes time-- he just gets right to it !

Latest posts

Sponsors