New Pendant

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks nice. Only thing I don't care for is having that hole drilled in the disk. I usually either solder a J/R to the top or when I saw out a disk I include the J/R as part of the perimeter cut.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Bert some times the money is not there so I have to make these in a time frame that I can make money. To me its like how many shading lines get put ina leaf pattern. I fully agree with you however time and money are a factor in these pendants and the customer loves them.

Sam the border is inspired from you from one of your engraving videos though not as nice as work as you do. Also I have to give Mike Dubber credit for heloing me with Fine Hand Lettering. I am trying to do my own drawing of the design and free hand of the letters. I am getting better however I still have allot of room for improvement ( Practice Practice Practice )

Thanks for your comments

Steveareno

Hi Bill
I have to agree with what Bert said in another post on your pendants. The hole is just not pleasing to the eye; this is from a jeweler’s perspective only. Surely your customer would pay a little more if they had a jump ring and bail. Maybe on your next one you could give it a try. I have included a couple of items form Stuller and you could get them from Rio Grande too.

Steve

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Steve
this is much appreciated. I took your advice and just posted another Pendant I finished last night The bail really does make a difference. though I still drill through the round I will continue to work on improving on my work Your suggestions are taken and applied

thanks

Latest posts

Sponsors