New & Improved Image Transfer from Down Under

rodstan

Evening all,
as an update from experimentation during the week:
I have a HP laser jet P1005 using a 35A toner cartridge.I have no idea how they transfer an image, just that it works everytime. I bought it two months ago so my son could do his University law assignments ---huge volumes of Word and PDF documents.Fortunately it also works for image transfers --the real reason I bought the printer. We both benefit.
The parchment is Coles generic brand in a 15 metre roll @$3. It is not particularly thick,but the print is guaranteed if I attach both leading edges together with paper glue stick.Size isn't a problem as I went from a 1 inch print to full A 4 and image transfer and all images were complete. Some slight distortion occured on the larger prints possibly because of the bonding between the two paper thicknesses. I can only use what I can get easily and the reason for trying this was that Epsom transparencies were not available in Australia.(that I could find).
I have done numerous copies of art work and almost every one has transferred 100% as if printed on the metal wether it be brass, steel or a china plate.
Some of the more intense areas did require a bit more burnishing to get full transfer of the image. It seems to peel off the paper as a complete item like a decal.
Hope it is working for someone somewhere.
Regards from OZ
Rod

Hello Rod:

Thank you so much for sharing this transfer technique with the group!! I tried it this weekend on a knife that I am starting to engrave. I have never gotten a 100% transfer with the traditional acetone/damar combination. I mixed up the solution, wiped it on with my finger. Had to wait a little over a minute for it to tack up. Applied the pattern which was a snap because my baking paper is pretty translucent, burnished with a finger. I didn't think that it was going to work at first because the paper kept rolling up along the edges. I burnished for another minute or so, crossed my fingers and pulled the paper off slowly, and volia'. Nothing remained on the baking paper. I was extremely happy :)! I have an HP laserjet 1000 (black only). I set it to "transparancy". Printed the patter once on plain paper to determine its location, taped the top edge of the baking paper over the printout, and ran it back through the printer. Couldn't be any easier.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
this works very well with my hp #92 black. the only problem- tape doesn't adhere well to the paper. it does do good transfers though.

Latest posts

Sponsors