new guy needing help

hutcho

Hey guys just joined the forum. Completely unrelated to most stuff you guys are dojng here but im wanting to laser engrave some western style designs on my paintball marker. I cant seem to find any designs online that I like. Would anyone be intersted in drawing me something up or helping me come uo with something? Thank you very much guys!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i use a laser for some of my work. you're far better off learning the design principles for the particular type work you wish to do. otherwise your work will be like "rubber stamped". get creative by doing custom work. will bring in more money. much of my laser design work is done the same way i do hand engraving design. although what you're probably intending to do is strictly "commercial" work, it does not have to look that way. take some time and go thru the archive. one other option, go online for leather crafting designs. good luck

Roger B

Elite Cafe Member
With my experience with laser engravers (which isn't a whole lot) you will get great outlines which could be finished by hand with gravers but otherwise the design will look one dimensional - no depth. The laser would be ideal if you have a lot of pieces that are the same that need to have the designs applied but I think a lot of time would be consumed for one off pieces in transposing the designs to the computer.

Roger

Latest posts

Sponsors