Announcement: New forum moderator

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Please welcome Paolo (mrthe) as our new Cafe moderator! Paolo shares our vision for the Cafe and its mission to be one of the best sources for hand engraving information on the web. Not only is he helpful and encouraging, but also has much experience with internet forums as administrator and moderator. He knows the ropes.

Thank you for accepting the job, Paolo! Your help is greatly appreciated.

~Sam

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
mrthe

Paolo,In ever corner of the world your name is now a household word:cool:welcme to the Engravers Cafe.:thumbsup:J.J.

mrthe

Thanks you Sam for trusting in me,i hope refilling your trust ,and thanks to all for your kind words, happy to help wherever I can, I feel very proud to be part of this great forum!

Last edited:

Quillen

Felicitaciones Paolo ,te mereces todas las buenas cosas que te puedan pasar,no te conosco de hace mucho pero el poco trato que tuve con vos me bastó para darme cuenta que sos una gran persona,te mando un fuerte abrazo Sebastian.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is very good news, Paolo!

As I see it, the international aspect of this Forum, as with other forums, brings with it the opportunity to make small differences into how we relate to each other, and a celebration of what we all have in common...our humanity, with an urge to express it in ways that lift us forward and upwards. I was writing to Sam A the other day, and touched upon this:

"...but also look at the impact of the Forum, with its many small threads of contact and exchange winding everywhere around the Globe, like winding a ball of wool. These small person-to-person exchanges on matters of common interest are making a global revolution happen of a kinder gentler nature, that may have more staying power than revolt and armed intervention ( and less expensive in terms of lives and materials). We do want to honour our regional customs and traditions if they grow our humanity, yet we must finally recognize that today's 'tribe' is all of humanity. How to embrace and digest this inevitable truth can be a thorny problem. Knowing something about Canada, from my years living there, they have some success in this area. I describe it as Canada's willingness to embrace many diverse 'tribes' into the whole, starting with the Inuit and Native peoples, out to immigrants from other nations. They somehow encourage good human traditions to stay alive, yet abhor nationalism. They keep the many facets of the gem brightly polished and crisp edged, the better for the whole gem to shine?

The Forum has and does do a similar thing in a grass roots way, from the bottom up, rather than from the top down. So whether you like it or not, Sam, you have given a set of tools to anyone on the planet, and we can experiment with behaving like decent human beings to one another....".

We have some very good administrators, thank you, Tira, and Andrew, for your continuing contributions. It is fitting that we now have administrators inside and outside the US, Andrew in New Zealand, and now Paolo, an Italian, resident in Barcelona, Spain, and a man of wide experience and artistic taste, whose many posts show his generous character.

Congratulations, Paolo!

Best wishes!

Rod

pedroito

Elite Cafe Member
Great news for me, my friend Paolo moderator Engravers Cafe, surely will not disappoint anyone, I have the luck to be your friend and I can say it's a great person

Congratulations Paolo .... you deserve it

Peter (pedroito)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
paolo: i've enjoyed your participation as everyone else has. i feel you're a great addition to the forum "staff".

mrthe

Thank you to all fellows for the nice words!
Ron thank you for your nice post,i agree with you,the cafè is a planet reference for people who love the engraving art, and is great can think the fast and easy that can be have acess and share at the great informations and knowledges that we can find heare ,simply sitting in front of ours computers,tablet or smartphones from every sides of the world!

Latest posts

Sponsors