Help, please: Need help, between these two microscopes

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok I know the brand is not the best and there are better ones I can buy. But I was reading that Steve Lindsay has tried this one out and recommends it for someone in my position. So please keep the thread on which one is better between these. (thanks)

Please list

1.pros
2.cons
3.differences

First up.
Product Features
3.5x-45x large zoom magnification power on flexible boom stand
2-1/2" (65mm) SUPER widefield of view
8" (200mm) large working distance
Crystal clear original true color images
Excellent five (5) year manufacturer warranty

http://www.amazon.com/AmScope-3-5x-...oscope/dp/B004U4E256/ref=pd_sim_sbs_indust_11

Next is

Product Features
7X-45X continuous zoom magnification power with crisp sharp images
1-1/4" (33mm) SUPER widefield of view
4" (100mm) large working distance
3D boom stand allowing you to point microscope head in ANY direction desired
5-year warranty against manufacturing defects

http://www.amazon.com/AmScope-7X-45...TF8&colid=1M2CBOSHELORC&coliid=I3UEQS4BYQKQH8

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use that 7 x 45 Amscope and I am quite satisfied with it.
I have to say, I don't have any experience with other brands so I can't compare quality.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have to apologize, I was incorrect about the type.
I thought I had the 7 x 45 but I looked it up and it was this one below, with the 0.5 barlow lense.
This was bought in 2009 so the prices are different I think.
I can´t find exactly the type I have but there might be simular ones on this site

http://www.amscope.com/Engraving-1.html

1 3.5X-45X Binocular Stereo Zoom Microscope with Double Arm Boom 369,00
Stand
Model SM-4BX

2 80 LED Microscope Compact Ring Light with Built-in Dimmer 75,00

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
I got an Amscope SZM series with the camera top mount for working on jewelry about six or seven years ago, and it has worked fine, now I am using it for engraving and I am still happy with it. I know it's not the best scope out there but like may folks the "good" ones were way out of my price range, and so far it has not had any problems, and it still beats using just my Opti-Visor or jewelers loop to see the work.

Last edited:

mrthe

The first one , the more cheap seem better fir engraving, have a good working distance, 20 cm is good, and and the 65mm widefirld is better thatn the other one, the second one have a better boom stand but the first one is good too, i'm not a big fan of this type of scopes , i preferre a good second hand one than a cheap nee,but if this is your choice for me is better the first one ;)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
whatever you choose- it's really good, if not essential, for a variety of engraving applications, to have 8" for hand clearance. this results in having the normal power reduced by half. this is ok for most engraving, but power can be increased by using 12-15x eyepieces. i personally got a used "sciencescope" brand for $500.00 used. has served me well for anything i'd care to do. shop around for awhile, there's bargains there, but you have to take a bit of time to find one.

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
I have the 7x90 Trinocular Scope, it cost me $325.00 and I have done about $10,000 worth of work with it. It has the 0.5 Barlow lense which gives you about 8" of work space under it. I think it is great value. Ty.

Latest posts

Sponsors