Nanook

JT Kinney

Elite Cafe Member
Greetings,
I did this key fob for my Sister, as her old Huskey is about to expire. Thought it would be a nice memory.
I would welcome any comments on the bulino work, as I am trying to learn this fine art by reading books, and looking at others work.
Have A Great Day,
JT

Attachments

• 100_1377.jpg
    100_1377.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 120

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice John. These are the engravings that people really cherish. To give the grand old pooch a little more roundness you could consider a more definite light source. If it was coming in from the top right corner a little more shadow under the chin and something behind the ear might give the illusion of more roundness and form. The ear blends into the neck and try perhaps a light burnishing on the front part of the ear with a little more shadow behind. If you burnished very lightly the left or back of the neck it may turn it away and give it more roundness. In general when things look a little flat we can lighten some areas and darked others to give more form. I don't know that all of these different options would be an improvement. You will be the judge and you will end up with a fob that will be greatly appreciated. If you sense an area is too dark it can be burnished back.

JT Kinney

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Lee,
Great to hear from you, and a Million Thanks for that always welcome advise. I will make the changes before I give this to my sister.
Best Wishes Always,
JT

Latest posts

Sponsors