My very first coin.

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
IMG_0494 (2).jpg
This was a lot harder then i thought it would be!!!!!! Inlay is not so good i know. doing the inlay is much harder then in steel, probably because the material of the coin is so much softer. I just rubbed it in with a black marker and i don't like the result of this. so i will have to do some research on how this should be done...
greetings,
Timwolf.

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Very good! Really your progress is outstanding. But i know you want to learn so here some tips. Try to give a bit more volume to the hair/mustache by darkening the edges ore like for the braid there where the hair goes under it should be darker. For the mustache( for all hair) to give it a more natural look never cut an outer line but let the hair it self become the edge.
And the hat should be bigger than the head^^

mrthe

Is a great start true, but Bram give you some very good advices for your next project ;)
About blackening, you can try put it in a stove and when it become black put it in water ,after that rub it eith some abrasive compund to highlight details, an alternative is use etching ink or a blue gun pen, try it and see wich work best for the effect that you want ;)

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks guys! for the positive words and interresting advise!!!!
So much to learn, so little time... Grr:-(

Latest posts

Sponsors