My table at Reno

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Some of you were not able to attend the FEGA show. These are some of the items I displayed.

Attachments

• DSCF5445.jpg
    DSCF5445.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF5447.jpg
    DSCF5447.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF5053 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF5053 - Copy.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF3544.jpg
    DSCF3544.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCF3488.jpg
    DSCF3488.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Copy of DSCF1910.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1910.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 191

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I forgot to mention that these are photos pulled out of my files and most of them are work in progress and not a completely finished piece.

Zhyyra

Elite Cafe Member
The horn blower on the horse is a beautiful piece of work. Your scrolls are lively with their incorporated berries and flowers. Thanks for posting.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That is a fantastic assortment of absolutely stunning engraving. The kind that merits hours of study. Bravo, Lee! :thumbs up:

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yup- that WAS an outstanding display table- found myself drawn back there over and over! You certainly do fabulous work- really looking forward to your book (I definitely need it!)

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Lee. That is some great engraving. I only wish some of the other exhibitors would post pictures of the work they displayed in Reno.
Has there been any more talk of changing the location of the show in the future?

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Lee I never get tired of looking at my casting of the Horn Blower. I have it on my work bench along with your 4 panel casting that I got in class for inspiration. I keep thinking maybe one day!!!!!!!!!! You do great work and it was great being in your class last year.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Lee, I really like the Hornblower. It is one of those pieces of art that just makes you feel good when you see it. When I get some spare $ I will buy the casting. All of your work I have seen is well thought out and executed. Thank you for sharing your work with us.
Gail

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I feel so stupid... because the whole time I was there and the number of times I looked that "broom handle" over I never saw the other side of it. I gotta quit typing now, I can feel my eyes welling up with tears just thinking about it....

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim, I cry sometimes when I look at my work too. It's usually not a good thing.

alfrisillo

Lee,
One of the things that amazes me is the last engraving you did with fine "vines" intertwined and looking absolutely incredible. I have seen some of the Italian engravers do this type of work as well and it always makes me wonder how you lay out something like that on the firearm. At one of the shows, I asked a prominent world class engraver that question and the response left me high centered... "You could do that if you have been doing that type of layout for 30 years". Still, you need to start with some basics. Any guidlines...I don't know if I am going to be alive in 30 years to be able to say I can do that.....Al

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Lee, the work is fabulous. I hope to one day be able to do half as much. But, to tie the 2 disparate threads together, did you do those magnificent pieces as a craft, in your garage? If I could engrave like that, we would live in the garage, leaving the house available for my "craft".
Will

unclejim1955

Elite Cafe Member
I can't remember being so excited, yet scared at the same time. Lee has agreed to let me visit him at his studio. that is exciting beyond words. Looking at his work makes me feel like I've been granted audience with the King and that scares me. If he's just half as nice as everyone has assured me, I'll be fine.

Andrew Biggs

Uncle Jim

And so you should be scared!!!............Lee's last visitor drowned in a vat of milk and they never recovered the body. The fed's have left the file open and we have been left wondering :)

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors