my pics from Reno

Andrew Biggs

Hi Scott

Thanks for the pictures.............and to Hora and Rod as well and anyone else that I've missed. They all make a great collection and area reminder of what fun the show was!!!

Scott......all I can say is that you were a very brave man wearing an animal on your head in a room full of guns and hunters :)

Cheers
Andrew

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Great photo collections Scott. Thanks for showing.

It was nice meeting you and to experience first hand that all stories about you are thru.:big grin:

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Dang, Scott - your hat looks a lot like that little dog they brought to the jam session. If I had seen the dog first, and THEN the hat, I would have been a little worried...
Nice to see the pictures and the people.
Gary

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
While wearing a fox fur hat at SCI and the guilds show may seem somewhat odd you have to admit that everyone Scott met will remember him.:)

Now if I could only think of a way for people to remember if I am Carl or Roger. :rolleyes:

Roger (the other Bleile)

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scott,

You done good with these photos, and everyone's pics does flesh out the experience for those who were not there. For you and many others, it must be heart warming to see familiar faces over the years attending Reno, and especially during this special year. My own attendance has a short, more recent history. People do want to see the human side of the show, as well as examples of the engraving arts, so I am glad that many pictures were taken.

You were in very fine voice, and I carry some special memories, one being in early morning at the exhibition where some of us met by chance where Sam Welch's FEGA guitar was displayed, complete with fine engraving, just prior to it being auctioned. What wonderfully generous contributions came in from all quarters to celebrate the anniversary. If we are to believe Sam, that he is not a player, and built the instrument without playing it, all I can say is, he must have an instinct for getting things right. So it was early morning fun having you sing "Pancho and Lefty" while I finger pick an accompaniment. Those gathered around must have seen that Sam's guitar was a quality instrument, and would go for a good price at the auction.

Your songs at the Sunday jam were all good, yet your finest moment may have been when the lovely lady singer let it be known a piano was needed. When you sauntered out of the room, I though maybe you had turned in for the night, but no ... ten minutes later the double doors opened, and Scott enters, pushing a grand piano on wheels ahead of him, like a Safeway shopping cart. When she sat down and got yet more songs going, we were delighted, and then came the champion fiddler, discovered by Paul H, who wandered in from the slot machines, he soon had Sam A cranking out the bluegrass on banjo, with Weldon and son, Bill, laying into it. Boy, what a great treat for me to swap a few songs with Weldon and Bill .... I am just beginning to hear about the family history of that family. 'Doc' the fiddler did some nice breaks when Abigail sang. He could slip a magic carpet under any style.

Sam, I do hope I did not press Abigail too much, in requesting more of her songs. She is national TV quality with her great songs, sense of humor, and fine guitar playing. Stan did great on Sam W's guitar, and if he also had his double bass, we may have gone on all night. Was it Fred and Scott, or who was it, who had the foresight to get that room made available? Thank you... a great idea! Lots of harmonizers scattered around the room, what a treat for me to sing Scots songs with Roger B! He is quite the scholar of songs from my homeland, and I must be leaving others out?? Monday night we also had our fingerpickin' eye surgeon/engraver on guitar and mandolin.

I have said it elsewhere, and will say it again here, Rex and his whole team did such a great job in creating the illusion that everything flowed effortlessly. Those who do their kind of year-round voluntary work for the common good know that it takes a great deal of skill and work .... thank you!

best

Rod

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well it was truly a grand event and a grander night at the musicfest. Rod it was honor to sing with you, as it was to hear so many talented musicians and singers, Sam, Abby, Fred, Bill, Weldon, Magda, Roger,Stan etc. I am happy to have played some small part in the event, and return the pleasure that you all have so freely given each time we gather. I do have one request though Rod, I want to have your name on the next Engrave-In poster as one of the music providers!