Question: My New works!

a.khaksari

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all,
There's two of my new works, which I've used 4 metals,Gold,silver, stainless steel and copper. Help me to know my problems! :thinking:

Attachments

• IMG_3192.jpg
    IMG_3192.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 321

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
it looks quite nice with all the colors. as mentioned, your drawing needs to "catch up" to your cutting skills. wwork of this type also requires (or should ) more work on the shading details.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Ali

I looked at your web site.....very nice indeed

Your engraving has some good things going for it and I can understand that living in Iran can be a long way from any sort of tuition. Especially trying to develop a western style of engraving.

However you are on the right path and your work shows a lot of potential. I would suggest pencil drawing as much as possible and studying some really good engraving artists work to help you refine what you are already doing. There are a lot of good photos of work in the gallery section of the forum.

Cheers
Andrew

a.khaksari

Elite Cafe Member
Dear andrew,
Thanks for your kind praise, I'll practice more and more!
We have good engravers in Iran, Most of them are in Isfahan. But as you mentioned my engraving style is look like the westerns, Because I have never had a teacher or some one to teach me what to do!

www.zoubingunsmith.com

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
salam Ali
why you want to learn the western style anyway?
you can be proud of your persian roots, such refined and elegant artwork, and in fact one of the bases of most artwork.. It would be surprising and refreshing to see something else here than that eternal and omnipresent acanthus..
Dover has a great book with cd rom about Persian art, but i m sure that the models inside the books, just lay around your corner in the local bookshop, tapestry, tilery, etc .. sure the Isfahan engravers got some pretty models to share too..
greetings
Frank

a.khaksari

Elite Cafe Member
salam frank, Doroud va do sad bedroud bar to!
It's interesting for me to see "Salam" here !
I'm really glad that you know this much about the elegant Art of Iran! I like to learn the western style TOO, I wanted to feel it and it's a new experience for me.
I'll send a photo of one of my engraving of a great Persian cup.
thank you very much for your guidance.
Best wishes
Ali

www.zoubingunsmith.com

Latest posts

Sponsors