My name is Joe

Joe

Ron Smith, Your guidence and encouragement are things of great value to me. The word "Intensity" is playing in my brain like when you get a song stuck in your head. I can look at this plate and see it clearer. You did that and with so few words. I have had your booklet, "Transformation from Tradition into Grace" open on my drawing table the last couple of days, reviewing the class that I was priviledged to have attended in Emporia. Many thanks to you.
Lee Griffeth, It's so good to reaquaint. Thank you also for the advice. I thought that I would finish the antlers and begin to deepen shadows on the face, hoping that the contrast will comunicate depth. The optivisor tip will is huge, really. Thank you for it and the warm welcome.
And thanks once again to all of you for the encouragement . It makes such a difference to me.

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Merry Christmas Joe.

Nice to see another engraver here in West "by God" Virginia. I figured I had the state to myself. :) You've got one of the best locations to make a full time go at engraving - especially with your proximity to the gun club at the Greenbrier. It looks like you are off to a fantastic start with your training and work. There will be ups and downs but always stay the course in realizing your potential. It's time to put West Virginia on the map for first class hand engraving.

Take care,

Chris

Last edited:

Joe

Hello Chris, Merry Christmas!
I'm so glad for your response. I've known that you were out there for awhile. I compliment your work. We share the state with a gentleman in Moundsville who was in a Bulino class with me in Emporia. I remember him having a real good understanding of what he was doing. I never stayed in touch though. Thank you for your good words. We'll be talking.

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Joe, welcome to the "Now I'm a full time engraver after having it out with the boss after such a long time coming" club-I'm in the same boat and wouldn't change a thing even if I could, now I'm in charge of the oars and headed to great places. Congratulations, you're right where you need to be :)
Paul

Latest posts

Sponsors