My laugh for the day...

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
A young female told me this morning that she was having an "issue" with how a certain design just did not "resonate" in her head....

After I picked myself up off the floor where I was crawling around looking for another lost stone - I was laughing so hard that I had tears streaming down my face.

I said to her "there is no such thing as an "issue" concerning a one of a kind piece. Might be - if it was one of multiples or a limited edition, but not possible with a one off."

And the last time I had my head "resonate" - was when I hit it on the concrete bottom of the swimming pool...

She had no "clue" why I found it so funny. And she was born here. The English language, such as it once was - is surely doomed.

Brian

Don't forget - we also drive on a parkway and park in a driveway...

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reminds me of an American Idol contestant that got voted off, and when a reporter asked her about it she said "I was so like what ever".

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am aware of all of the "Newspeak" words as well as the "politically correct" manner of "expressing" yourself.

I have no interest in either and will never go out of my way to use either - nor obey in my conversations or writing. (except here, where I know it's a waste of time - though I did manage to slip bejeezus by)

I'll never have "issues". Quite satisfied with the dull old problems I always have around.

Don't need to make 'em "shiny" or disguise them. In fact, if you should ever be in short supply, let me know and I'll send you box or two. Or better yet a case!

You can polish them up by renaming them yourselves... just make sure you KEEP them, whatever you call 'em!

And the day my designs start "resonating" in my head, I suspect the boys in the white coats will be paying me a visit. After all, I am not a musician.

Nor a sheep.

Brian

Last edited:

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Easy on the blond stuff. Between the greys I still have a few.
Besides, everyone knows resonate is the application of resin onto wood to hold stuff you want to engrave.;)

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
C'mon Doc... you gotta know that's a politically incorrect question - and of course I cannot answer without offending every blonde on the planet and getting "blondelisted" 'till the end of time.

However... if you read the above sentence - you already have the answer.

Brian

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'll bet she has a valve behind her left ear that says, "Inflate to 32 lbs."

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If Benjamin Franklin were here today, he'd probably laugh at the language most of us use and think is "normal". Times change, the languages evolves (or devolves depending on how you look at it), and that's the way it goes.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
If Benjamin Franklin were here today, he'd probably laugh at the language most of us use and think is "normal". Times change, the languages evolves (or devolves depending on how you look at it), and that's the way it goes.

Some of the old guys might remember a word or phase that never really caught on or didn't last long. The Beatles tried to get us to say "gear" there for awhile. I thought it sounded goofy even back then. :)

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc made my point. Unless I see some kind of useful advantage or improvement to a change, I've enough going on in my life.

Life is short. Why disguise what you mean to say when the original word will suffice? 'tis my choice, after all is said and done.

Andrew, for example - chooses in this instance to abide by the choices made for him by others, and that's his choice. (or should we be saying - "issue"?)

Nothing to do with age either...

I have thought for myself since I could first understand the word "reason", at about 7 years old - and life has turned out just fine so far.

Nothing "wrong" with either choice. At least not yet... it's why we still have words like "individual" and "independent"...

Brian

Mark Twain — 'The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.'

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
chicken dung ! droppinggs ! poop ! whatever-- my head (brane} resunaites constantly. a neuro surgeon implanted 2 electrodes deep in my thalamus. a generator to produce resunahun was implanted directly in front of my right pectorals. you caint be happy if you aint resonatin ! you should give it a try. only cost $ 136k.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Monk, but I will pass.

I am kinda crosswise with "modern medicine" as practiced here in North America. For good reasons, explained in past posts...

As long I am conscious and cognizant in the future I will always research anything offered very thoroughly. The doctor, pharmacist and teaching hospital I have dealt with (and once trusted) to date do not do so.

3 levels. 3 failures. No admittance of a mistake, no apologies, no responsibility accepted or admitted.

The ONLY thing that changed, was that the University of Davis teaching hospital finally got around to updating the warnings on the use of Levaquin in their database.

3 years after their last update and 8 months too late for me...

Brian

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
I "resonated" my brain twice this summer with two nasty falls where I whacked my head and cranked my neck around. (My neck has three vertebra fused with a laminectomy). I was "punch drunk" for 10 days with a concussion one of those times. :)