My first try at bulino

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
This was my first ever try at bulino ( you can all stop now) so so much to learn but have just received both chris's dvd on the subject so will have to watch and learn how it's done and hope some sinks in.

please feel free to comment (and slag it off ) the tears will all was dry and feelings will return so just go for it.

TECH; The plate is brass at 30mm sq thats 11/4 sq for the redneck community graver sharpned to 80 deg the bird is supposed to be a pheasant drawn free hand. Yes the clouds are bad I know.

hope the laugh leaves a smile on your face for the rest of the day:)

ray
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Ray

We all have to start somewhere and Rome wasn't built in a day.

Think light, shadow and texture. That is what gives any shape some form. Everything can be broken down to basic shapes and components and every component needs it's own light and shadow to bring it to life. This can involve a great deal of work in some areas and just a few cuts in others. It can be a painstaking slow process and the devil is always in the detail.

Watch the DVD's and you will get the idea of the technical process...............the rest of it is about very careful observation of light, shadow and texture.

Oh yeah........and a ton of patience :)

Cheers
Andrew

1redneck1

Don't be so hard on your self. That looks fantastic. Everyone is harder on themselves then the public.

Joe

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The positive you overall composition is not bad at all. You have a good basic start but do need to refine it as Andrew suggested.

Learning the techniques of cutting is part of the battle. Chris' dvds will help you with that. The other part is learning to see those subtleties in shape and shading. For most people that tends to be a series of light bulb moments that happen over time as they practice.

Ray

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The DVDs are great. I think you should also try to get a few castings to help you understand how all the cuts work together. Hopefully you got those with your DVDs. I'm by no means a master , just in the beginning stages of learning the bulino style The castings really helped me understand the scale of the cuts.

Latest posts

Sponsors