My first attempt at coloring titanium

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
For these earrings I first colored titanium in its entirety, then the first engraving after the second coloring and then engraving again. Finally I engraved the small stripes and blue colored. Afther that I saw the model and then the back cleaned and re-applied color. A lot of work but a fun experiment to do, there will be more to follow.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very pretty looking, caty. fascinating thing to do with metal like ti

peteb

Elite Cafe Member
Certainly nice work. May I suggest that the future of "engrave and color" lies more with niobium because it is increasingly seen as a "precious metal", easily formed and easily oxidized to a tough black, so tough it can be buffed to a luster that will outlast and protect the anodized sections.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I see you used several layers to add different colors Caty, they look nice. Just one thing, they could look more valuable if you add Ti curls instead of silver ones.
They aren't good if one buys Ti earrings because of allergic reaction.

arnaud

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Arnaud,
Indeed you are right with that, I will have to use titanium findings, but did not at home, I can make them, but think it's better if can buy ready-made product. Faster and cheaper than there yourself be doing. I enjoyed your movie of chinese white, it's nice to see how someone else's drawing set, thanks for that and your comments, greetings Caty.

Peteb, in my opinion does the look of niobium at very cheap, and especially because I see a lot of jewelry I think it's very cheap in the sector is not the right choice. But that's my opinion, may think differently about other engravers.

Latest posts

Sponsors