My bulino ptactise plate.

pena

In this engraving I wanted to try something like bulino style.Making of the fur was especially difficulty.Would black areas lines germinate to be one directly or should they to put irregularity ? This practise plate is stainles steel and surface satin ground.

Comments are welcome.
Pena

Attachments

• Varsi 166.jpg
    Varsi 166.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 229

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very good job Pena,

More lines make more intensity. you have pretty good intensity, but you could get more hair with angular lines, very short. That is accomplished with cross hatching on a bias with angular lines very close together and over lapping from different opposing angles.

Ron S

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
pena: very nice looking! the cat looks like it has a bad attitude !

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Pena,
when touching my screen i can feel the coat thumbs up
But i have to do it very short because of the blistering carnassials.
Mario

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok, here's my take, it's a nice subject that's been executed fairly well but looks half finished. You have a mouth that looks like it's in High Definition and the rest of the head is misty so that when you look at it the first thing that hits you is the mouth.

As Ron says, try building the fur in layers to increase the intensity and don't be afraid to build this intensity at the edges. Look at your hand and see how the shadow increases at the edges as it curves away from you. Also, try to increase the definition of the eyes in line with the mouth and you'll be more than half way there.

Please don't think I'm rubbishing your attempt, far from it. It's very nice but 'nice' isn't a good descriptive word in my view. It could very easily go from 'nice' to having a 'wow' factor, and this critique (hopefully) points you towards this. Keep up the good work

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What I find interesting ( I know nothing about bulino) is that after reading Marcus' critique and returning to the photo all of his comments make sense and I can visualize the changes to make the work stronger.
Kevin P.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors