Musical Amethyst

Trueline

Nice. At first I only saw a lovely flower. Then HEY that's a G clef. Is there a significance to the "5" theme?

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yep..bead blasted 416 stainless steel.
I turned the piece on my lathe, polished to 2000 grit, and edge drilled for the chain (that way it doesn't need a bail).
I planned on bead blasting it so polishing to 2000 grit really wasn't necessary---I'm just a bit weird about having a near-perfect finish to start.
The "G" clef's were sized to be as large as possible and laid out in a circle pattern. BTW---not an original idea of mine. Can't remember exactly, but I had seen the pattern somewhere before.
I bevel cut them, as you can see, drilled the stone seats and fitted the rocks (sans beads).
Then the pendant was bead-blasted and it looked really cool until I set the stones. The engraving just got "lost" in there somewhere.
I couldn't stand it and just had to re-cut the clefs.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not sure if i like your cutting better than your design ideas, or the other way around. i do know what you do is always "new" and a joy to perceive. chris decamillis once said,"less can be more". this piece certainly proves his theory.

Zhyyra

Elite Cafe Member
5 tangent scrolls. A pentagram of treble-clefs. The scroll of devine proportion can no doubt be derived from the devine proportion inherent in the pentagram. The treble-clefs give the peice the added devinity of music. The purple stones are too a color associated with royalty and devinity. So, (to humble little me at least) your work is quite simply devine. Your daughter's a lucky lass.

Latest posts

Sponsors