music

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
it is impossible to do anything useful when listening to gatemouth brown. i mean other than moving your feet, hands, and singing out loud and makin yer old lady accuse you of bein posessed by the "one down below" i was stompin my feet so hard awhile ago, some junk fell off the shelf !

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gatemouth Brown...i've heard some of his music i'm sure, but I don't own any.

I'm sure there would be some on You-tube Jim.

I'll have to check it out too!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Ol' Gate died at his brother's home in Texas shortly after hurricane Katrina. He did all he could to keep people from shooting video of him in concert, but I know of at least one video of a jam session. I'll see if I can track it down. He was a heck of a player and meaner than a yard dog. / ~Sam

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
it is impossible to do anything useful when listening to gatemouth brown. i mean other than moving your feet, hands, and singing out loud and makin yer old lady accuse you of bein posessed by the "one down below" i was stompin my feet so hard awhile ago, some junk fell off the shelf !

That's why I'm a Mozart and Vivaldi man while engraving:banana:

BTW: I'm listening to Gate now and that bananna above is keeping perfect time to the music!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ40kVRvcdk

CRB

Scratchmo

Elite Cafe Member
BTW, New Orleans Jazz festival is coming up this weekend or next weekend. We have a lot of displaced N.O. musicians here in Eureka Springs that knew Gatemouth. They can verify what Sam said about him. I wish I could have seen him while he was still kickin'.

monk

Staff member
to those of you not informed:google pandora radio. you can get most any tune, most any artist. it's free. and c r bleile is correct, you could never engrave listening to this guy, impossible. but pandora plays on your computer, in the background, will let you create up to 99"stations", meaning artists of your choice.
roger, ravel is pretty nice ! just for kicks, folks- try"clarence, gatemouth brown. you will hear real , honest to god music. it aint for engraving or makin whoopee, either !

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Hay Guys,!!
Have You Ever Listened To Charley Pride, He Is My Utmost Country And Western Singer.
I Know I live in The Good Old RSA, But He Has Been My Old Time Favourite, Bless You Where You Have Gone!!!
And Then the Others, Chanya Twain, Etc Etc.

monk

Staff member
yes. charley has a good singing voice. i'm not a fan of most of what is called "country" music here. a few individuals i do like, though. if you can get pandora radio, you may get some of the music you like. www.pandora radio.com it's free.

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think of 'Big Joe Turner" when I think of your area of the US.
Kevin P.
Also Errol Garner

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My old band folded a couple of months back which was quite sad after 5 years. I've now just started playing bass with a newly forming blues band so the kind of music I constantly seem to be listening to just now is Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Gary Moore, etc, etc. Sometimes it seems just a little too lively for engraving along to, but I love it!

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My old band folded a couple of months back which was quite sad after 5 years. I've now just started playing bass with a newly forming blues band so the kind of music I constantly seem to be listening to just now is Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Gary Moore, etc, etc. Sometimes it seems just a little too lively for engraving along to, but I love it!

Cool Marcus! Now THAT is my type of music. SRV was my all time favorite guitarist. Sad that he died when he was playing his best music!

I've always been a fan of Clapton too. If you like that genre, check out Buddy Guy and B.B. King (if you haven't already).

monk

Staff member
bb king was ok, but it seemed to me he got "stuck" in one particular place, and just couldn't break out into new things.

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
BB King is excellent at what he does, but did you know that after all these years of playing he can't play and sing at the same time.....not that it matters.

Marcus,
I'm remixing a blues song that I wrote with a singer called Linda Polson, we recorded it about six or more years ago i'll post it for you shortly.

Phil

Latest posts

Sponsors