Much better photo of last 3D project...

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've had this for awhile, but kept forgetting to post it. (Any idea why I can only load a max file size of about 80Kb? I'm not trying to upload anything huge- maybe 150Kb, but even that is getting reduced to about half...)

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 306

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Alright. Now you're just showin off!!! Outstanding Mitch. Boggles the mind.
Layne

thanks- the original shots i posted some weeks ago were quickies before the Blade Show and did not do it justice- especially Rick's knife skills and the mother-of-pearl looked like dull plastic. this sort of work is very tricky to shoot well...

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Learning to shoot photography of engraving is almost as hard as the engraving itself.

honestly, Layne, for me it is. i actually dread photographing some things, knowing it will be a frustrating hassle. for example, this particular piece took hours & days of messing around with lighting, camera angles, tents & reflectors, etc., and even after i was capturing the engraving & MOP without any <excessively> weird reflections/shadows in the knife i'd download the shots into the computer and the color would be waaay OFF! aaarrgghh!!! then to exacerbate my aggravation, i spent maybe a half hour taking a couple quick shots of that Osborne i did a very simple job on (posted pics here a month or so ago) and everything was nearly perfect straight out of the dang camera! double AAAARRGGHH!!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors