Mr. Biggs

DevilDog

Mr. Biggs,

I just wanted to thank your for your insights and comments that were posted in the thread "why are all newbies struggling?" As a struggling beginner, I printed them out and look at them often. I have been guilty of letting the excuses of not enough time and money, with too many kids derail my ambitions. I made a commitment to draw for at least an hour a day.

So, I now pack a "man purse" to work that has my drawing tools in it. I have began to draw during lunch at work. Since October 1st, I have practiced my drawing 9 out of 1o days. The first day, an hour seemed more like three. Now, I find myself having to watch the clock. Time seems to disappear now.

Needless to say.....my scrolls are starting to look like scrolls. Things are looking better. Thanks for the kick in the pants.

Shawn

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Shawn,Keep drawing,practicing and study the work of other engravers from the past & present,and it will all fall together for you.Keep us posted.J.J.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
DevilDog

Mr. Biggs
Mr. Biggs,

I just wanted to thank your for your insights and comments that were posted in the thread "why are all newbies struggling?" As a struggling beginner, I printed them out and look at them often. I have been guilty of letting the excuses of not enough time and money, with too many kids derail my ambitions. I made a commitment to draw for at least an hour a day.

So, I now pack a "man purse" to work that has my drawing tools in it. I have began to draw during lunch at work. Since October 1st, I have practiced my drawing 9 out of 1o days. The first day, an hour seemed more like three. Now, I find myself having to watch the clock. Time seems to disappear now.

Needless to say.....my scrolls are starting to look like scrolls. Things are looking better. Thanks for the kick in the pants.

Shawn

I second that, and that is exactly what I do, I'm going to ask the boss for longer lunch breaks :)
Richard.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Sawn

Thanks for that.

Good to hear that you are making the time and getting stuck into the drawings. Fantastic. And as you've noticed, there is a difference already.

We all have good and bad things going on in our lives and they can overwhelm or swamp us ........if we let them. And that is the key phrase "if we let them"

Keep it up and get stuck into it. You won't regret it. :)

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
one would think that with all the hi-tech transfer techniques that's available, the art of good drawing would be obsolete. the exact opposite seems to prevail. this skill is fundamental to most of what engravers do.

Latest posts

Sponsors