Motorcycle engraving with CJ Allan

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I actually was pretty impressed with how well CJ's first class went. He handled himself like a seasoned teacher.

We had a fun crew in here that week too. Its a wonder anyone got any work done between all the laughing.

Here are some pics of what some of the guys did that week. I took a lot of pics and didn't have time to sift through so I just grabbed a few. This is a pretty fair sampling of what went on that week.

These are all projects from that class at various levels. CJ will have to fill in the details of what they did.

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
Dang, Ray
Kinda looks like ya got hung out ta dry here, Hoss........ :)

Obviously no interest in my style of work........
but thas OK.
The class was not only a success, but a hell of a lot of FUN.
and i'm really proud of the work those guys did by Friday..... Outstanding..... :)

The really Kool part is....."EVERYBODY" felt their time, effort, and bucks, was well worth every minute, & dime.....Can't ask for more than that....

Also....They are now doing pieces on their own bikes that easily compare to some of the "pros" work i've seen.........if not better than some :) (will post pics on blog if I ever get time)

Lookin forward to the next classes coming up, and the Clinton Library event starting in Sept.....

Life iz GOOD..... !! :)

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Don't let the roaring silence spook you. I like the motif. There are a lot of untraveled art styles to try.
I look forward to seeing more.

Jim

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Not hung out, just back to school time and last minute beach and vacation time.
I didnt have time to post earlier. I wish there were more pictures. I used to see CJ's Work when I was on the sign websites a few years ago . Very impressive.
Keith Pedersen

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Jim is right. It's the number of folks who see and share in your work (particularly the beginners who are new yet remain silent) ... it's not always those that comment. There's a few I can name that wouldn't comment on my work if the world was on fire .... do I care ... nope. I am grateful to those that do and for their input and that's better than any guy could ask for because it's genuine. I have received e-mails from a couple of people who are new to engraving that didn't post a comment but are inspired by my work on motorcycles. That right there is worth a million bucks. It ain't about the "atta boys".

Hope to see some photos from the Clinton Library event .... maybe of you and the new Democratic nominee ... and/or the NAFTA pen. :rolleyes:

I'm very excited to see that engine.

Catch ya later CJ,

Chris

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
CJ: Thanks for sharing the photos of your student work. I see that the classic themes of Rat Fink and skulls are alive and well. When I was a kid I collected Rat Fink cards and your post brought back old memories.

As you know, the Cafe showcases many forms of engraving, from hobo nickels to guns to jewelry to motorcycles. Many of us don't have the time to comment on every post (myself included). Don't let it get you down. Your participation is much appreciated.

Cheers / ~Sam

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
Wow......!!
I wasn't expecting any response at all to this.....
I was just pullin on Rays chain a little. :) :)
In fact....I woulda missed this completly, if someone hadn't called & told me of these replys. :)

Ray....You probably will be hung out ta dry in a lot more places before it's all over.....hahahha
But it sure as hell won't ever be by me. :)

Hi Keith...Do ya still go to Letterville.??
Say Hi for me if ya do...... :)

Roger...It's the "Art of the Chopper" exhibit starting Sept 20.
I posted some of the info for ya in another topic.but ya can check it out on my blog.(whatever the hell a "Blog' izzz)

Chris...S&S hasn't come through yet..but ya know how that goes....Probably happen long after I don't care about it anymore.hahahah
and as far as me ever being around that nominee........well.les jus say I ain't votin fer him. ;)

Sam.....
THANK YOU....For haveing this Forum.
GREAT Place, with GREAT Folks.. :)
and Those students blew me away.....Maybe there is still a little use for me..hahahah

Ol RF will always be around..he's an absolute Icon.
Workin with Ed Roth in the late 50s was a pretty neat part of my life, and a definate influence on almost everything I do.....

Thanks Again..and i NEVER worry, or let things get to me on any of these internet things......
The way I type don't seem come across right at times............
Thas' why I put all those dumb smillies in everthing......NOT cause I think smollies are kool. :) :)

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
CJ

Glad to see I'm not the only one who insists on taking everything as being said in a friendly tone. Sure makes life on the net a lot smoother, doesn't it? ;)

I'm waiting for one of your classes at Ray's to line up with my having time & money available.

I did have vacation already scheduled for the time of the first one, but since that was for the ever-indulgent wife and I's 20th Anniversary....

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
CJ,
I dont have the time any more to go on Letterville. Im working 2 jobs but check in every now and then.
I had emailed you years ago when I was engraving bikes. I too had worked with Ed and still have lots of cool things he made. The picture is Ed and me when I was 18 years old Im 45 now.... Whenever he came out East to do car shows we were his local sleep spot. I got interested in engravin after seeing his von dutch engraved knives and guns he had...
Hope all is well.
Keith
www.keithpedersen.com

Attachments

• 2008_0908hobos123450002.JPG
    2008_0908hobos123450002.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors