More Flower Practice

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
I am trying to get a better look of my flower and wiggle scroll. Here are some very poor quality pictures of the practice that I have been doing. I am also practicing the shading. Keep in mind that these flowers can be covered with a dime, so they are small. Maybe I should cut larger to get the feel of it, I don't know. I have another bracelet to make next week and would like to get the cuts better than the last one I did.
There is a shot of the whole practice plate, it is 2x4 inches with a lot of other scratches on it. Any input will be welcomed.
:beerchug:

Attachments

• Flower and wiggle scroll.JPG
    Flower and wiggle scroll.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 127
  • Flower within Flower.JPG
    Flower within Flower.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Peddle point Flower.JPG
    Peddle point Flower.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Practice Plate 2x4.jpg
    Practice Plate 2x4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 113

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi CRW,
You're getting some nice flair or flange cuts on your flower petals.
You're doing fine for such early days.
One thing you might try to get the shading on your petals a little lighter.
Try for a few more lines but have them converge a little more so that you create more shadow where they meet the center of the flower.
This will make the petals look as if they are slightly cupped and not just flat.
See if this helps and if you like the effect.
Best wishes.

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Jim, and John B.

John B.
I definitely see what you are talking about on the shading. Trouble is the dad burn thing looks good until I crop the photo, then you can really see the flub ups. I don't have a scope. I am kinda torn between a scope or a new graver. Maybe I need both, but guess who I would have to convince:beat up: Hee, Hee.

Latest posts

Sponsors