moneyclip from Joe E. Brown

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
A customer came in today and gave me a moneyclip to remove the golden 10 Dollar Eagle.

As far as i know Mr. Brown was an actor in the U.S. ?

joe-brown-backside-1.jpg
joe-brown-1.jpg

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Too bad the money clip isn't in a museum.

Circus Saints & Sinners Club

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
doc has it right. mr brown was a quite famous broadcasting personality. he was very well known in this area for several decades. i live 25 miles sw of pittsburgh. what will the owner do with the clip, mario ? if that had remained intact, it would have sold locally for a princely sum i think.

JJ Roberts

Doc,Your right the Money clip should be in a museum,Joe E.Brown was one funny man,I liked him in Some Like it Hot.Wonder how the money clip wound up in Salzuflen.J.J.

DakotaDocMartin

Doc,Your right the Money clip should be in a museum,Joe E.Brown was one funny man,I liked him in Some Like it Hot.Wonder how the money clip wound up in Salzuflen.J.J.

You never know... maybe it was stolen?

You would figure it would be worth a lot if a place like Christie's or Sotheby's had it on auction.

Last edited:

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
I thought, this could be interesting to some of you.
The customer fetched it already this afternoon. I asked him, wherefrom he got it. He told me he bought it on a public sale years ago and used the clip by himself.
But by now the Eagle was more interesting for him (was a 1892). I don't know, perhaps he is thinking to make some money with it...

Latest posts

Sponsors