Question: Minor Disaster! Has this happened to you?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paulie, This is that old thread. I brought back to the top with new disaster. I am glade to also add that the USPS has come through this time and found the bullion shipment. My computer tells me they tried to deliver this morning but Rio closed-says the postman left notice of attempt to deliver-business closed this morning. Might turn out to be a pretty good day after all- Thanks Fred

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paulie, as far as I remember the customer sent the packaging back to me as that's what the Post Office required as part of a claim and I could not for the life of me see any evidence of tampering. So I offered the customer another coin in replacement which he gladly accepted. A few weeks later I got an embarrassed email apologising profusely. It turned out the guy was having some remodelling done on his den and the coin was found in a gap. It must have rolled off the table as he opened his packages. At least he was a very honest and honourable gentleman and he ended up buying the replacement coin from me anyway. In fact, every hobo nickel collector I've dealt with has always be a real pleasure to do business with. Anyway it was a happy ending for me in the end.

I'd forgotten all about this thread. Sorry to hear about your disaster Fred, not nice!

Sponsors