Microscope

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The optics will be good but I don't think I'd want that light mounted where it is. A person could modify it... and for what they want for it, as long as it is intact and not goofed up, they're giving it away. If it isn't right internally such as needing the prisms realigned or anything else, this will not be cheap!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
in the tips section (i think it's in tips) a comparison chart was created to give one an idea of a variety of scopes.

cwbyengraver

It looks like the eye pieces are inline with the objective lens. Which means you would tilt the vice not good or get over the vise and look straight down on the work. Just my 2cents I could be wrong. Look closer

mrthe

Is not a good scope for engraving, maybe the optics are nice but first the head of the scope is straight to the objective and this is not good , for this price you can find 2nd hand scopes in ebay much more better than this

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
They are right...this would not be a good scope for engraving IMHO. As mrthe stated you can get some great used scopes on ebay for roughly the same money. TRUST me when I say buy the absolute best scope you can afford. Save for a bit and get good optics even if used.

Donny

take-down

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks All
That saves me flipping a coin
I have a good second hand Olympus that does all I need
I was only thinking it may be good as a spare
But the good info provided by you all has sorted that out
Many Thanks Graham

Latest posts

Sponsors