microscope light

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have been thru 3 fluorescent microscope ring lights.:mad:
what about the led ring lights.
do you like them?
I am tired of replacing lights....they never go out except when I am busy using them....what to do?

Andrew Biggs

You've had a bad trot by the sounds of it. My original one is still going strong after several years...........so now I've probably jinxed it!! :)

I'm equally as comfortable with an LED light. With most of them you can adjust the lighting control and if reflection is a bother then just dab a bit of wax or something to dull down the surface glare.

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Target 12- 20 bucks some very good gooseneck led's. I like them so weell, i now use 4 of them. I leave the base on some, remove the others. Either way, i **** them. I use 1 for my powerhone.

mrthe

Me too i preferre fluorescent light, i had used for a lot of time leds but are not than good like the fluorescent for me.
Tomorrow i will recive my new scope and maybe i will not can use more the fluorescent light on it, search in ebay you can find good leds rings not very expensive if you want try it ;)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This is one of the best fluorescent ring lights I've used. I have them on my microscopes and they are very good quality and really bright. I also have the O.C. White LED and it's a super nice dimmable LED, but I much prefer the smoother reflective properties of the fluorescent lights.

Check out: O.C. White Micro-Lite

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use a LED I got from Maxime in Antwerp, don't know if they come by GRS. Anyway, the LED ring light has different modes, so you can turn of the light at every 45° and you can change the power too.

I bought me this one after I needed 3 fluorescent lights in 3 years.

arnaud

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ok, sam-- but my led's will last 100k years before i have to replace them ! that's just the scrooge in me coming to light.

Latest posts

Sponsors