Micro script

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Going to the extreme just for the fun of it.

Attachments

• microscript.jpg
    microscript.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 592

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dang Sam, those tri-focals are working out well for you...:p

Was this done with a needle? Also what was the graver used on the pin heads years ago?

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, I could do that too if I ate half a box of chocolate, NOT ! Only wish I could. Steve

GeorgeKhayata

Wowwwwwwwwwww Sam, God bless youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
What did you use to engrave that large lettering!!!:D

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
George: I used a 120° graver with a very short heel and the scope zoomed to maximum magnification.
Tim: Same graver for the pinheads.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One day into Lent and your already going off the deep end. Steve he must of gave up chocolate.

My is that small how about giving 1/2 size a try and give Ripley's a call or maybe a call is needed now.
Mike

donnatheeng

question about small script

i have been a hand engraver with fine jewelry and holloware for over thirty years one of the things i hate to do most is inside a comfort fit ladies wedding band a millimeter or less.i just wondered do you find doing small engraving difficult with the graver max type tools.i am old school and only use hand tools.i tried a graver max and it was very uncomfortable to hold.so i was just curious i can see where the graver max type tools would be great with guns and knives but how do they do with more delicate things? can you get the feel of the metal and what you are doing?that was the problem i had with it,i couldn't feel the piece .also since i am a woman i do have small hands maybe that is part of it.just curious.i don't have any other hand engravers to talk to in town or state that i know of,except the one i used to work with and there is nothing new there.its nice to find this place .i have gleaned some useful information.maaybe i can return the favor if anyone is interested in the old ways.donna the engraver

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Donna, You can do very fine work with the max/mach tools. I took Sam's jewelry class and he did all the work in the class with the 901 and monarch handpieces. He demonstrated this micro engraving using the monarch. I have a similar issue as you with having small hands. Some of the handpieces are too large and bulky for me to comfortably control. I have both the 901 and the monarch. The monarch is very small and fits into my hand the best of all the GRS models.

Latest posts

Sponsors