Metal Engraving Patterns

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
If a fella wants to cut a design he likes off the internet just for practice an critique, not for resale or anything. Would original artist be upset with that?

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
Several of my designs and firearms are included without permission.

I assume many of these were copied from web sites - but there are also pages from books and covers of magazines shown. It would certainly be nice if they had asked, but meanwhile they have violated the rules and ethics of copy right. The fact is that some of my gold inlay class exercises and photos of a Holland & Holland gun I engraved are included. Moreover these are listed without regard for quality along with wide variety of mixed quality examples - ranging from good, to poor, to terrible. Those of us who created these things over a lifetime of of hard work are offended by the fact that they were stolen and offered to the public for free.

This represents invasion and theft of private intellectual and artistic property. So yes, we are upset:no:

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yeah I have a few posted on this search also. Anytime you have a picture of any sort postd online you are leaving that picture up for grabs in searches.
I do not think they have violated any copyrite ethics by bringing these up in their search engine. I do think if the viewer takes these images and copies them as their own project, then that is a seperate unethical situation.
We all look at images for inspiration, but we do not copy directly

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
relax, gentlemen. if you hover over the images you'll see virtually all of them are linked to their legitimate sites/owners. for examples, Sam's are linked to his iStock inventory. if anything, it's extra exposure & advertising.

btw- the only image of mine was the chick in the hotpants bent over the Caddie... :cool:

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
really don't think that people can copy these and shade them to even come close to the originals.
if they can shade them correctly then they would be able to draw their own.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I'M THINKIN A LOT OF RESEARCH IS NEEDED BEFORE POSTING MATERIAL LIKE THIS. quite some time ago, you posted similar fotos that had a pic of a job i did. although i was not upset, many folks would be.

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member

Latest posts

Sponsors