Meiji microscope lens changes

Jude

I have a jewelry shop and next to my main bench is a small (18" wide) bench that is a base for my microscope. Under the scope, is a GRS benchmate for stone setting. This is mainly what I do, so an engraving ball there would be in the way. When I want to engrave (which is always, but that's another story), I have a drill press base on wheels and my engraving ball sits on the table. I remove the benchmate, pull the unit over from the corner and position it under the scope. When I'm done engraving, I unlock the wheels and slide it back to the corner. The wheels are available at woodworking stores.
Jude

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
These are such great inovative ideas. This should be "Reading for Engravers 101" before any cutting takes place. It would certainly make a more efficient studio for a begining engraver.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
One little thing not to do. When changing lenses in your microscope never come into your engraving room with a lens in your pocket that has been there when you were out in the cold weather. A cold lens screwed into a warm microscope will become a permanent fixture when it reaches the temperature of the microscope. I speak from experience.:mad:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
decoder ring/ handshake

nonsense ! the system administrator puts a propellor on your hat !